Student Development Coordinator
Position Student Development Coordinator Full Time/Part Time Full Time Job Type Regular Position Summary
The Student Development Coordinator is responsible for managing student activities directly related to on campus leadership roles, off campus internships, part-time employment, community and volunteer service, clubs and organizations, elections as well as other student programming. This position is key in serving to develop and strengthen students’ professional leadership and soft skills. In collaboration with the Director, the Student Development Coordinator creates and implements a strategy to cultivate the development of leadership opportunities through a strengths-based cultural context. This position is responsible for developing and managing student training’s on the use of the student engagement platform/co-curricular transcript system as well as cultivating and maintaining effective engagement with students to support the development of and reflection on their on their out-of-class learning experiences, with the goal of demonstrating competency in leadership and professional domains and documenting this through a co-curricular transcript. This position serves as the initial point of contact for students, departments, and the campus community for matters related to student professional development. In performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the Student Development Coordinator works with and under the general direction of the Director of the Center for Professional Development and Career Readiness.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Facilitate all aspects of the student professional and leadership engagement program
• Manage the NMHU co-curricular transcript system providing training for students, staff/faculty, and employers on the use of system.
• Direct and manage NMHU Clubs and Organizations to include providing training for students and staff/faculty advisors on policies and procedures.
• Facilitate regular meetings for clubs and organizations
• Create and implement workshop and training curriculum that supports the professional development of students through a strengths-based cultural context.
• Administer campus elections, specifically student senate
• Ensure student documentation is complete for internships and cooperative education positions.
• In collaboration with NMHU Foundation, assists with an alumni mentor program to connect students with alumni in their field
• Acts as liaison among faculty, community groups, the public and others and makes them aware of the student professional and leadership engagement program
• Works directly with students and staff to obtain information and make referrals
• Oversees the maintenance of and personally maintains accurate records and files and prepares correspondence, reports and other written materials related to student engagement activities and programs
• Performs a variety of standardized office support work, including operating standard office equipment
• In conjunction with the Director, design outreach strategies and create ongoing materials needed to enhance student professional development and leadership.
• Performs related duties as required/assigned
• Maintains regular attendance.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources management, counseling, psychology or related field from an accredited institution of higher education
• Experience: Two (2) years of experience providing service to students in an education setting.
• Education: Master’s Degree in Counseling from a CACREP accredited program
• Experience: Three (3) years of professional experience in higher education, career services, business, public relations or human resources recruiting
Special Conditions for Eligibility Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to analyze data, run reports and share assessment results
• Demonstrated record of exercising sound judgment within policy and procedural guidelines
• Ability to use technology to make processes more efficient
• Demonstrated abilities in and/or commitment to working effectively with students, parents, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds in support of an inclusive and welcoming environment
• Demonstrated track record of success in partnering, developing, and maintaining successful long-term client relationships
• Demonstrated skills in public speaking; experience delivering training to individuals and groups
• Demonstrated competency to assess, organize and prioritize multiple tasks with a strategic lens and attention to detail
• Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer.
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Kneel, bend, reach and stoop.
• Walking for extended periods of time.
• Ability to see within normal parameters
• Ability to hear within normal range.
• Work is in an indoor/office setting
• Work with frequent interruptions in a fast paced work environment.
Pay Rate $38,049 Work Location/Campus Center Las Vegas, NM Campus EEO Statement
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email email@example.com
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Number AS430P Open Date 10/09/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; and, 3) Names, telephone numbers and email address of three (3) professional references in online application. References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online application. For disabled access or services, call (505) 454-3242 or contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org NMHU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Quick Link http://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6186 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * Are you a current employee of the university?
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- Please describe any previous experience you have working in a
customer service enviornment
(Open Ended Question)
- Please describe the attributes that will make you a strong
candidate for this position
(Open Ended Question)
- Provide examples of how you handled difficult situations with
those you have worked with.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas