Financial Aid Counselor
Financial Aid Counselor
Student Financial Services
Responsible for evaluating eligibility for federal, state, institutional, and private student financial aid; compliance with federal, state, and institutional policies; completion of edit, verification, and packaging processes; speaking events; and other special projects assigned by the supervisor.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Answer inquires from students, parents and other University personnel.
- Edit files for accuracy and completeness and package with appropriate forms and amounts of aid.
- Conduct college nights and other speaking events both on and off campus.
- Meet with parents and students regarding the affordability of the university and the calculation of out-of-pocket expenses.
- Review tax and other documents for consistency with application information.
- Concentrate on special areas such as, but not limited to financial literacy and loans
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful situations.
- Computer skills for using Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet.
- The counselors are expected to work one late night and throughout the year are expected to do college night events and other admissions events.
- Working extra hours may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 2 - 4 years current and responsible work experience in financial aid in a fast-paced customer-service oriented higher education environment.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
- Back Share
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2430