Marketing Content Specialist
Marketing Content Specialist
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Marketing Content Specialist will own The Roux Institute's content strategy across owned channels. They will own the editorial/content calendar and create, manage, and report on content (copy, graphics, visuals) for all Roux audiences (prospective students, enrolled students, alums, partners, and donors) to attract, engage, and support lead generation and nurturing efforts at every stage of the marketing funnel. They will work across owned channels including email, print collateral, social media, the website, and more. They will track and report on campaign results, always with an eye for testing and learning into optimization. They will also own internal communications process, including presentation creation.
- Work collaboratively with team members to create, curate, and manage the Roux editorial calendar and all content published to owned channels including but not limited to email, the website, social, and print collateral
- Build content marketing to support specific marketing objectives across different channels and segments in support of the Institute's strategic goals
- Develop testing strategies around different formats and messages, track performance through a variety of metrics, and develop proposals for increasing engagement and improving performance
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a way appropriate to the specific channel
- Keep up to date on social media marketing, social listening and influencer trends and technologies
- Manage the content marketing budget
- Implement SEO best practices
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with marketing and content partners across Northeastern as needed
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or journalism
- 4 to 6 years of previous experience in content marketing, copywriting, journalism, or similar role
- Experience building effective cross channel advertising campaigns
- Strong knowledge of content management systems
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity with search engine optimization, keyword research, and HTML
- Knowledge of Sprinklr, Marketo, Salesforce, and HubSpot a plus
- Experience with budget planning
- Ability to manage, combine data from various sources and report out on campaign performance
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Appetite for learning and trying new things
- Experience in higher ed marketing and enrollment a plus
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/504001