Assistant Professor - Biology (Plant Biology)
The Department of Biology is accepting applications for a tenure-track, academic-year faculty position specializing in plant biology. Appointment date is August 1, 2021. The selected candidate will be responsible for teaching courses in the candidate’s area of expertise, maintaining scholarly productivity, and participating in service at the department, college, and university levels.
The primary teaching responsibility will be upper-level laboratory courses in plant physiology, cell biology, and other electives related to the discipline for biology majors. Secondary teaching responsibilities may include majors and/or non-majors introductory biology courses with lab components. The applicant will be expected to include undergraduate and/or graduate (MS) students in their research program.Required Qualifications
- PhD in Plant Biology or a closely related discipline;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, as well as scholarship;
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Postdoctoral experience;
- A record of effective teaching appropriate to the applicant’s career stage;
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting;
- A record of mentoring students of diverse backgrounds.
Online application is required. Information on the Department of Biology can be found at www.valdosta.edu/biology . For more information contact Dr. Gannon, Professor and Department Head, via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a comprehensive institution of the University System of Georgia, Valdosta State University (VSU) is a welcoming, aware, and vibrant community founded on and dedicated to serving our communities’ rich and diverse heritages. VSU is proud to have a highly diverse student body and we are seeking to recruit and retain outstanding candidates who exhibit a clear commitment to diversity and inclusion and who will enhance the diversity of our faculty and staff. Through excellence in teaching, basic and applied research, and service, VSU provides rigorous programs and opportunities that enrich our students, our university, and our region. As such, the VSU mission consists of three interrelated parts that includes a student mission, university mission and regional mission. The university is equally dedicated to the core values of community, including a commitment to practice civility, integrity and citizenship. As members of this community and proud Blazers we strive to uphold these core values for the advancement of the University.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Biology & Life Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta