Assistant Professor In Residence, Department of Management
The University of Connecticut (UConn)'s School of Business is pleased to invite applications for an Assistant Professor in Residence in the Department of Management.
The successful candidate will be expected to share a deep commitment to effective instruction at the undergraduate and graduate levels, to the development of innovative courses, and to the mentoring of students in their professional development. In addition, individuals will be expected to contribute to scholarship and outreach targeted at the professional community so as to maintain faculty qualifications under AACSB guidelines. Successful candidates will also be expected to assist the University in its efforts to broaden participation among members of under-represented groups; demonstrate through their research, teaching, and/or public engagement the richness of diversity in the learning experience; integrate multicultural experiences into relevant course content; contribute to the development of pedagogical techniques designed to meet the needs of diverse learning styles and intellectual interests.
Founded in 1881, UConn is a Land Grant and Sea Grant institution and member of the Space Grant Consortium. It is the state’s flagship institution of higher education and includes a main campus in Storrs, CT, four regional campuses throughout the state, and 13 Schools and Colleges, including a Law School in Hartford, and Medical and Dental Schools at the UConn Health campus in Farmington. The University has approximately 10,000 faculty and staff and 32,000 students, including nearly 24,000 undergraduates and over 8,000 graduate and professional students. UConn is a Carnegie Foundation R1 (highest research activity) institution, among the top 25 public universities in the nation. Through research, teaching, service, and outreach, UConn embraces diversity and cultivates leadership, integrity, and engaged citizenship in its students, faculty, staff, and alumni. UConn promotes the health and well-being of citizens by enhancing the social, economic, cultural, and natural environments of the state and beyond. The University serves as a beacon of academic and research excellence as well as a center for innovation and social service to communities. UConn is a leader in many scholarly, research, and innovation areas. Today, the path forward includes exciting opportunities and notable challenges. Record numbers of undergraduate applications and support for student success have enabled the University to become extraordinarily selective.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position involves teaching courses primarily in the area of strategy at the undergraduate and MBA levels, with the ability to teach other management courses in the areas of international business and entrepreneurship. Additionally, the position involves publishing research in academic or quality practitioner outlets, teaching-oriented journals, and/or scholarly books. There is also the expectation of participation in service activities within the Management Department, the School and the University, as well as outreach to the business community.
- Earned Ph.D. in Management or related field, with dissertation defended by August 23, 2021. Equivalent foreign degrees are acceptable.
- Expertise in a management discipline.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence in higher education.
- A deep commitment to promoting diversity through their academic and research programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated collegiality.
- Earned Ph.D. from an AACSB-accredited institution.
- Demonstrated teaching experience at the Executive or Executive MBA level.
- A demonstrated publication record.
- A demonstrated record of either professional management experience or academic outreach to the business community.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise students in learning projects.
This is a full-time, 9-month non-tenure track position with the possibility of annual reappointment, contingent upon positive annual reviews and program funding, and may lead to a multi-year appointment. The successful candidate will be assigned a primary academic appointment at the Hartford campus, with the possibility of course assignment outside of the base campus or online. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please apply online to Academic Jobs Online https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/17111 and submit the following application materials:
- A cover letter specifically addressing your credentials relative to the minimum and preferred qualifications listed above.
- Curriculum vitae
- A one-page teaching statement with attached teaching evaluations.
- A one-page research and scholarship statement (innovative concepts that will form the basis of academic career, experience in proposal development, mentorship of graduate students, etc.)
- A one-page commitment to diversity statement (as related to broadening participation, integrating multicultural experiences in instruction and research and pedagogical techniques to meet the needs of diverse learning styles, etc.)
- Additionally, please follow the instructions in Academic Jobs Online to direct three reference writers to submit letters of reference on your behalf.
Evaluation of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received by November 15, 2020. For more information regarding the Department of Management, please visit the department website at http://management.business.uconn.edu/.
Inquiries other than applications can be directed to: Pamela Costa, Management Department, University of Connecticut, School of Business, 2100 Hillside Road, Unit 1041A, Storrs, CT 06269-1041 or via email to email@example.com
At the University of Connecticut, our commitment to excellence is complemented by our commitment to building a culturally diverse community.
Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This position will be filled subject the budgetary approval.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Storrs Mansfield
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Storrs Mansfield
- Management Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Storrs Mansfield
- Other Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Storrs Mansfield