Vice Chancellor, Academic Affairs
The Ohio Department of Higher Education, a cabinet agency of the Governor of Ohio, oversees state colleges and universities and career technical centers that are at the forefront of research, innovation, and career preparation. The state’s 14 public universities, 23 community colleges, and 51 Ohio Technical Centers provide students with a diversity of learning opportunity and serve as a springboard to future success.
The Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs serves the department – and the state – as its Chief Academic Officer, a member of the Chancellor’s cabinet, and a senior-level academic leader who provides key insight on policies, practices, and the overall quality of postsecondary education offered throughout Ohio.
- Administrative responsibility for articulation and transfer, P-16 initiatives, academic program development and review, and postsecondary student access and success
- Ensures the quality and integrity of postsecondary academic programming offered in the state
- Facilitates the creation of seamless, affordable academic pathways that support degree and certificate attainment and student success
- Makes recommendations to the Chancellor on policies and practices needed to improve student access and success, with an emphasis on equity for underrepresented students, including students of color, economically disadvantaged students, and students over age 25
- Provides leadership and counsel to academic leaders in Ohio on key issues that require agency stewardship, coordination, and/or intervention
- Works collaboratively with the Ohio Department of Education on P-16 initiatives, including College Credit Plus, and with the state’s higher education associations – the Inter-University Council (public universities), Ohio Association of Community Colleges, and Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Ohio
- Serves as the official Ohio Department of Higher Education liaison to accreditation agencies and other external stakeholders, including the Higher Learning Commission and State Higher Education Executive Officers Association
- Serves as the academic affairs liaison for agency-wide initiatives in economic advancement, research and graduate education, and workforce development
- Represents the Chancellor on state and national grant partnerships
- Provides counsel to the Chancellor on academic issues and works with the leadership team to position Ohio at the forefront of higher education in the nation
Vice Chancellor, Academic Affairs - Administrative Staff and unclassified pursuant to §124.11 (A) (30) and §3333.03 of the Ohio Revised Code. Serves at the pleasure of the Chancellor and in a fiduciary capacity to the Ohio Department of Higher Education. Reports to the Chancellor.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Academic Affairs Administrative $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Academic Administration Administrative $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Columbus