Laboratory Animal Technician I
Under general supervision, provides routine care and handling of laboratory animals in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Feeds and waters animals.
- Changes animal caging as scheduled, sanitizing rooms, equipment and hallways.
- Conducts daily animal health checks.
- Applies permanent identification devices.
- Ensures that activities are in compliance with AAALAC standards.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: High School diploma or GED.
- Experience Required: One year of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS). Certification must be obtained within one year of hire or promotion.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Veterinary Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston