Clinical Trial Contract Associate
Internal Title: Research Administration Associate
External Title: Clinical Trial Contract Associate
The Office of Clinical Research (OCR) Research Administration Associate ('RAA') supports Baylor's clinical research initiative through managing the full life cycle of clinical research contracts. The RAA is responsible for drafting, negotiating, and managing, all contracts related to clinical research funded by industry sponsors. The RAA is responsible for ensuring that all terms and conditions of the contract are acceptable in accordance with BCM standards, ensures the safety of our human subjects, and ensures that all provisions are to the best interest of Baylor and its Principal Investigators ('PI'). This position is business transactional in nature. It is a high volume, fast paced work load, so exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task is a must. Prior contract management/administration experience, or a background in studying legal transactions is preferred.
- Handles the drafting, negotiating, execution, and processing of industry sponsored clinical research contracts.
- Manages the contract funding process in BRAIN.
- Consistently updates the CTA/CDA database throughout the life
cycle of each contract.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- An advanced degree in Law or Healthcare Administration may be considered in lieu of relevant work experience.
- Prior contract management/administration experience or a background in studying legal transactions.
- Working knowledge and experience in contract environment, contract negotiation and or/clinical finance and /or clinical vendor management.
- Demonstrated experience in the regulated pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Experience in research administration.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.