Instructor - Nurse Practitioner - CHofSA Surgical - Neurosurgery
Baylor College of Medicine section of Neurosurgery has an opening for a full-time Nurse Practitioner position at The Children's Hospital of San Antonio. This position comes with a faculty appointment, a competitive salary, and a full benefits package. The candidates' credentials and experience will determine the rank of the academic appointment. Responsibilities include assessing, diagnose, monitor, promote health and protection from disease, and manage illnesses and injuries of stable complex acute and chronically-ill pediatric patients. Assess, stabilize, and determine the disposition of patients with emergent conditions consistent with medical staff policy regarding emergency and consultative call services.
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master’s degree in in Nursing.
- Experience Required: Demonstrated current competence and provision of care, treatment, or services to at least 250 pediatric patient encounters in the past 12 months or completion of training in the past 12 months.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by department. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.