ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF CLINICAL OPHTHALMOLOGY
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology of the University of Miami Medical School of Medicine has a position available for a full-time Assistant Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology, to work at BPEI in the Miami location and occasionally at Lennar in Coral Gables.
The Assistant Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology will provide ophthalmology medical and surgical services as needed according to service rotation and call schedule. If indicated, will rotate to other sites within the University of Miami Health System; according to schedule set by the Chairman and/or Service Director. S/He is expected to abide by and conform to all University policies and procedures including University of Miami Medical Group Bylaws, hospital bylaws, and those policies & procedures required by University agencies, vendors or other third parties; and be familiar with University faculty manual.
The Assistant Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology will be active in:
- The education of residents and medical students in the service.
- Maintaining high clinical quality, productivity and citizenship within the department, e.g., attendance and participation in lectures, rounds, committee assignments, academic activity, etc.
- Develop referral and educational relationships within the University of Miami Health System and with other practices and as a clinical leader through participation in regional and national levels.
- Develop, maintain and, as appropriate, secure funding for academic/research activities, such as translational research, clinical trials and other clinical research.
- Develop and/or participate in quality assurance protocols and clinical outcome studies for Bascom Palmer Eye Institute.
- Perform administrative and committee responsibilities as assigned from time to time by the Chairman or Service Director, which may include participation in, or organization of, continuing medical education courses in provider area of specialty.
The Assistant Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology position requires and MD and a one-year fellowship training in a US accredited Hospital. Florida Medical License or Medical Faculty Certificate required.
All applicants must apply online: https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/index.html