Assistant Professor in Electrical Engineering
Position Title Assistant Professor in Electrical Engineering Job Posting Number 202111FAC Job Location San Marcos Department Ingram School of Engineering Position Description
Texas State University has a unique interdisciplinary doctoral program in materials science, engineering, and commercialization ( MSEC ) that works across the science and engineering disciplines. Currently, the program seeks to fill a tenure-line assistant professor position in electrical engineering to begin Fall 2021. Candidates should have experience in: materials science and semiconductor manufacturing or solid state devices. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be expected to establish a program of externally funded collaborative research, exhibit a strong commitment to student-centered teaching and mentoring, teach MSEC and electrical engineering courses, and perform university and professional service.
To assure full consideration, applications must be submitted by November 30, 2020. The review of applications will begin December 1, 2020. All positions are subject to availability of funds.
• An earned doctorate in materials science and engineering or a closely related discipline.
• Potential to establish an externally-funded, nationally recognized research program
• Ability to develop a diverse and inclusive learning community.
• An ability to teach courses in materials science and electrical engineering.
• Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
• An ability to work collaboratively with faculty across multiple departments and programs.
• Industrial, or post-doctoral experience.
• An area of expertise that complements those of the department faculty.
• Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following tools/technologies: nanotechnology, solid state materials and/or device fabrication/characterization.
• An ability to effectively mentor MSEC and EE students at all levels.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33897 .
To assure full consideration, applications must be submitted by November 30, 2020.
The following documentation must be included in the application.
1) Cover letter
2) Curriculum vitae
a) List of professional and post-doctoral employments
b) List of published peer-reviewed articles
c) List of authored, funded research proposals, with funding amount and funding agency
d) List of courses taught, if any, as the Instructor of Record
e) Other information as appropriate
3) Statements of research interests
4) Statements of teaching interests
5) Unofficial transcripts
6) List of three references
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Proposed Start Date Fall 2021 Open Date Review Date 12/01/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled? Legal Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Why Work at Texas State?
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33897 Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statements of Teaching Interests
- List of References
- Transcripts (all in one document)
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Letter of Recommendation #3
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Texas Workforce Commission-Work in Texas
- Colleague, friend, and/or personal referral
- Other (Please Specify in follow up question below)
- * Please Specify: (enter 'NA' if not applicable)
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos