Business Manager - Innovation Corporation
West Virginia University Innovation Corporation (WVUIC) has the skills, the structure and the resources to perform specialized applied research in a flexible, customer-centered environment that also operates under rigorous compliance regulations. Want to join in on the fun?
We are currently looking for a Business Manager to join our amazing team! Interpersonal and leadership skills are vital for this role, as teamwork is important for success. Candidates should be excellent written/verbal communicators and possess abilities to identify opportunities for growth.
As the West Virginia University Innovation Corporation Business Manager, your duties will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Act as lead contractual contact for WVUIC projects. (Service agreements, NDA’s NCA’s)
- Complete proposal drafting
- Work with management on Business Development, Research, and Execution. Complete Application Documents and adhere to compliance with submission requirements. Looks for FOA’s and RFP’s for WVUIC.
- Work directly with staff to Coordinate WVUIC operations and manage overall contract deliverables with respect to content and time schedule.
- Work directly with the Director, Associate Directors, Laboratory Operations, to ensure compliance with appropriate testing and calibration requirements.
- Advise and assist with the daily activities of entry-level engineers, technicians, graduate students, undergraduate students and temporary employees working on testing projects; provides assistance with documenting the daily work schedules of the hourly staff; advises in the process of annual performance reviews (with consultation of HR Partner) of the entry-level engineers, technicians and classified staff.
- Work with management to develop project schedules, travel arrangements, and staff assignments; interacts with representatives of the participating agencies in order to coordinate logistics and schedules.
- Perform statutory audits and reviews for WVUIC on State, Federal, & International regulatory compliance and import and export matters.
- Perform quality control and documentation related to laboratory operations, per CAFEE guidelines.
- Attend conferences and workshops as a CAFEE representative in order to build new business relationships, identify market trends and develop strategic business initiatives.
- Compile risk management incident information and processes claims.
- Create and Execute purchase orders
- Process Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable for Job Analysis.
- Perform all Accounting and Budget work on behalf of WVUIC.
- Create revenue reports, cash flow forecasting, and creates financial statements as requested on behalf of WVUIC.
- Perform Credit Card Management, analysis and journal entry.
- Process all licensing requests on behalf of WVUIC
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field required
- 4 years’ experience in Business Management to include business development, managing and coordinating contracts, finance, and/or strategic analysis
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field, preferred
- QuickBooks knowledge Preferable/MAP Preferable
Please send your up to date resume directly to Amanda.Donnelly1@mail.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University Innovation Corporation (WVUIC) is a “one stop shop” for government PMs and prime contractors who need access to highly skilled personnel and facilities. We provide technical services and applied research solutions to government and industry customers through a variety of flexible contracting mechanisms. Our approach lets clients spend more contract dollars on task execution and solution development, and fewer on overhead.
West Virginia University Innovation Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Development & Advancement Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Grants & Contracts Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Morgantown