HR Business Partner
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
Daley College is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Business Partner to join its team. In this role you will be the primary point of contact on all HR matters at the college campus, partnering with senior leaders and managers to effectively integrate HR expertise into the college's business process, with a focus on building organizational / HR capabilities and influencing organizational changes in alignment with the college's strategic goals.
• Develops, coordinates and delivers effective HR programs and services to campus staff and faculty employees in the areas of onboarding, learning and organizational development, workforce planning, performance management, policy implementation, and union and employee relations.
• Collaborates with District Office leadership team (Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Labor Relations, Employee Services and HRIS) and oversees strategic initiatives connected to the college to ensure cohesive delivery of HR services.
• Partners with Talent Acquisition staff to execute recruitment and talent management strategies to attract, develop, engage, and retain a skilled and effective workforce.
• Provides strategic and consultative services to college leadership relating to workforce issues that impact operations, working with District HR leadership team to provide technical expertise and deliver sound HR solutions.
• Partners with senior managers to understand business operations and challenges in meeting objectives and actively promotes HR initiatives to drive the improvement of business operations forward in line with the college's strategic goals and objectives
• Coaches and advises managers in HR areas to include employee relations, union grievances, adherence to collective bargaining agreements and Board policies, performance management and talent management.
• Supervises a Human Resource Specialist engaged in implementing HR programs, delivering HR services and processing HR transactions.
• Provides tactical and strategic guidance to managers and supervisors on best practices for addressing employee relations matters including handling disciplinary actions, terminations, union grievances, progressive discipline. and conflict resolution.
• Facilitates the implementation of the performance management program, providing coaching and guidance to managers, reviewing completed appraisals, and working with managers on creating and implementing performance improvement plans.
• Advises, counsels, and guides managers and administrators on HR policies, procedures and best practices and compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulation.
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Business, or a related field.
• Master's degree preferred.
• Five years of work experience as a HR Generalist and/or HR management experience
• PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP preferred
• Experience in developing and implementing HR strategies
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and build strong partnerships with senior leaders
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and providing leadership in meeting the HR objectives of the organization
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft and other HRMS, a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement Systems (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago