Coordinator - Workforce Development (Grant Funded)
Position Title: Coordinator - Workforce Development (Grant Funded)
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or appropriate field required; Master’s degree preferred. Demonstrated success in training-program development and implementation, excellent interpersonal, organizational and effective communication skills are required, as is a proven ability to integrate technology into training. Experience working in both education and private industry desired.
A valid driver’s license is required at the time of hire and for the duration of the appointment.
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment.
This position offers the opportunity to help the communities workforce achieve success by helping them directly. The successful candidate will be helping support critical learning and continuous support services. It offers a fast-paced work environment that brings new challenges regularly. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment that reflects the core values of the College. Mohawk Valley Community College is committed to transforming lives through learning.
Responsible for meeting regional workforce development needs by coordinating the development and delivery of educational programs.
This is a grant funded position.
- Works closely with community constituencies and representatives of business, industry and non-profit organizations to identify and prioritize educational needs.
- Serves as liaison with the tri-county Working Solutions Offices.
- Serves as project developer and manager for lectures, symposia, and course/programs sponsored by CCED.
- Recruits qualified individuals to provide high-quality training. Track course progress and support success.
- Works closely with Associate Deans and Associate Vice Presidents, faculty and staff to facilitate cooperation, participation, and effective communication in the interest of meeting common goals and objectives.
- Collaborates on projects pertaining to workforce development and community growth.
- Assesses various aspects of workforce development programs and make adjustments to ensure continuous improvement. Identify and respond productively to emerging opportunities.
- Tracks statistics, maintains databases and generates relevant reports.
- Submits an annual statement of objectives, including a business plan.
- Supervises classified staff and collaborates with internal and external colleagues as appropriate.
- Performs other appropriate duties assigned by the Director of the Advanced Institute for Manufacturing (AIM).
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 10/21/2020
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica