Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a "Best College" by U.S. News & World Report, and--as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of '29)--is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham's mission is: "to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work...by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably." Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA--one of the country's most livable cities and great college towns--Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world's most sustainable campuses.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
To help support the work of the University, we have an immediate opening for Housekeeper.
Position Reports To: Manager of Facilities Services
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, understand and following written instructions and demonstrate same
- Experience working with a diverse student population
- Must possess at least one year of experience in commercial cleaning
- Must possess a working knowledge of cleaning materials, equipment and techniques
- Must be able to work on step-ladders
- Must be able to lift to at least 40-pounds
- Must be able to work with hands and arms raised above the shoulders
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate floor cleaning equipment; i.e. buffers, burnishers, shop vacs, extractors, vacuums, etc.
- Scrub, strip, wax and polish tiled floors
- Clean and wash windows (interior and exterior as possible), doors, associated frames, wall base and molding
- Clean and wash walls, doors, base, and woodwork, clean bathrooms
- Dust, clean, polish and wax furniture and woodwork
- Vacuum, sweep, damp and wet mop floors
- Move furniture, heavy boxes of paper, empty and clean trash containers; weighing up to at least 40 lbs.
- Clean bathrooms and associated accessories; i.e., toilets, showers, urinals,
- Clean light fixtures and lenses
- Replace lamps in light fixtures
- Replace ceiling tile in established drop ceilings
- Clean interior and exterior stairs and entrances
- Collect and place trash and debris in containers or plastic bags. Replace liners in wastebaskets and trash containers
- Move furniture, supplies and equipment as necessary to properly clean offices, classrooms, bathrooms, halls and building entrances
- Inventory, maintain and order supplies to ensure smooth and efficient cleaning operation
- Remove snow and ice from building entrances and immediate proximity walks
- Report known maintenance deficiencies to the Facilities Administrative Assistant or immediate supervisor
- Sweep the perimeter and the entrance of the building
- Manually moving of waste containers and equipment carts
Chatham University offers competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, professional resume and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Actively Seeks Diverse Candidates