Manager of Human Resources for Rowan School of Osteopathic Medicine/Rowan Medicine, Office of Human
- Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Human Resources or designee, the Manager of Human Resources for Rowan School of Osteopathic Medicine/Rowan Medicine will be responsible for operationalizing HR strategy in coordination with central HR and SOM leadership. The incumbent will serve as a resource, partner and leader in managing HR functions by maintaining a positive and rewarding work experience for employees while instilling a connection to clinical, academic and research excellence in an environment of accountability. Rowan SOM is committed to quality patient care, this position will assist in providing a work environment that contributes to the patient experience and provider engagement.
Functional Areas of Responsibility:
- Recruitment, training & development, performance management and employee engagement.
- Responsible for the workflow and performance of the HR department.
- Provides regular feedback, including constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Coordinates with the Office of Employee Equity and Labor Relations for the discipline and discharge of employees in accordance with collective bargaining agreements and university policy.
- Directs the interpretation and application of established human resource policies
- Management and facilitation of objectives and projects intended to promote the growth of Rowan SOM and Rowan University.
Characteristics, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with senior HR leadership to achieve goals and strategies related to staffing, recruitment and retention.
- Builds strong relationships across entities to foster strong communication and active listening.
- Coaches healthcare leaders on effective leadership practices that fosters trust, collaboration, communication and quality feedback in the production of high-performing teams.
- Assists with the evaluation, development and implementation of policies, processes, training initiatives and assessments to support the human resource compliance and strategic objectives at Rowan SOM and Rowan University campuses.
- Consults with clinical leaders and SOM management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development and labor relations.
- Serves as a liaison to the human resource functions including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, leave administration; employee equity matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Provides HR knowledge, and support, to all academic, research and clinical operations and serves as the liaison between SOM and the main campus.
- Establishes key operational and tactical plans of sub-functions across multiple clinical divisions with shared outcomes that supports the totality of the academic mission.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees thus ensuring employees support a safe and respectful work environment.
- Instrumental in the identification of, and activities related, to recruitment needs; understands, supports and executes health care best practices for talent acquisition, talent management and employee retention while ensuring compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity regulations and the goals of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technology in human resources, talent management, talent acquisition and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy and practice to senior HR leadership.
- Collaborates with Training & Development in the enhancement and facilitation of employee development at SOM.
- Identification and establishment of objectives for department in collaboration with senior HR leadership and Rowan SOM/Rowan Medicine leadership.
- Maintenance of strict confidentiality and security of records.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Business Administration or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years of healthcare human resource leadership experience required, preferably with a physician practice or academic medical center.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or CHHR preferred.
- Ability to achieve business results while focusing on quality, customer experience and stewardship.
- Experienced with formulating a vision with goals, measurements and outcomes while motivating and guiding employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working within collective bargaining agreements
- Excellent interpersonal, employee relations and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and to maintain a flexible schedule.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective supervisory and leadership skills.
- Demonstration of adaptability to the needs of Rowan University and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Rowan University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Advertised: Oct 8 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 23 2020 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro