Patrol Officers (3 Positions Available)
Job Summary/Basic Function
Campus police officers are commissioned through the office of the Governor and perform a full range of general duty police work such as patrols, issuing citations, making arrests, crime prevention, investigating motor vehicle accidents, interviewing witnesses, answering calls involving misdemeanors and felonies, and other law enforcement duties. May be assigned and trained for specialized duties. Duties are diverse and may be both physically and psychologically demanding.
Annual salary is $47,799.00 plus comprehensive benefits including tuition waiver for self and dependents.
- Act 120 completion by date of hire.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication writing skills.
- Successful experience working with diverse groups at athletic, social and cultural events.
- Basic PC skills.
- A valid PA driver’s license.
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ability to:
• lift up to 50 pounds without assistance and move more than 50 pounds with assistance.
• work in adverse weather.
• sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• maintain physical conditioning to be able to handle the physical requirements of the job.
- Successful interview, three background clearances, pre-employment physical, psychological, firearms tests and background evaluation.
- CPR /First Aid/ AED certification.
• working with college-age population.
• in parking and crowd control.
Special Instructions to Applicants