OPS Food Forest Manager
The Food Forest Manger coordinates and oversees all student and
community interaction in the Food Forest. The manger will be responsible for
positively influencing the knowledge and attitudes about the Food Forest,
sustainable practices, and healthy living.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
- Experience creating and leading lesson plans.
- Successfully completed a permaculture course.
- Current ADA certification or ability to obtain within six months of employment.
- Ability to work Saturdays mornings.
Essential Job Duties
- Develops, coordinates and conducts educational programs and activities.
- Assists with the maintenance of email, website and social media accounts.
- Prepares written reports, press releases, and articles.
- Collaborates with and mentors Food Forest coordinators.
- Coordinates and trains interns.
- Assists with the planning, coordination, and implementation of events and fundraisers.
- Plan and coordinates permaculture and forest gardening workshops and trainings.
- Assists with the maintenance of plant health, introduces new plants, and designs new projects within the Food Forest.
- Maintains all signage for the Food Forest.
- Provides advice and guidance to the Food Forest Advisory Council.
- Ensures a safe and inclusive environment to foster learning within the Food Forest.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- Permaculture design certification or similar.
- Experience with plant propagation.
- Experience with composition techniques.
- Three years of experience in community organizing and fundraising.
- Two years of experience maintaining vegetable gardens, plant nurseries, or forest gardens.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the Food Forest, gardening, and permaculture.
- Knowledge of potential hazards and applicable safety requirements.
- Skill in public speaking and delivering presentations to individuals and groups.
- Skill in basic plant identification.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate training presentations, programs, and events.
- Ability to diffuse and respond professionally to stressful situations and difficult people.
- Ability to respond quickly to emergencies.
- Ability to set priorities and complete assignments on time.
- Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with university faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to properly use gardening tools.
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other's view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to work outdoors in hot, humid and sometimes buggy conditions.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers