Adjunct Instructor - VCUarts Qatar - Art History
Job Code/Title AJ - Adjunct Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct Instructor - VCUarts Qatar - Art History Department Qatar Campus Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range VCUarts Qatar Standard Adjunct Rate Campus Qatar Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Part-Time Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Art History Program at Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts Qatar (VCUarts Qatar) is establishing a pool of applicants for possible adjunct teaching positions in Spring 2021 academic term. This pool will only be accessed when an adjunct opportunity arises. If an adjunct opportunity arises, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants should hold a doctoral degree in Art History or a closely related discipline and have relevant teaching experience at the college or university level. Successful candidates should be able to teach the global survey of art history. Area of specialization is open but we are especially interested in candidates able to teach courses in the global survey of art history, surveys of Islamic art, and nineteenth-century art.
• Teaching courses as needed
• Hold 1 office hour per week per course taught
• Grade all assessments in a timely manner
• Submit grades according to school policy
• Use VCU email for all VCU work related responsibilities
• Report to Interim Director of program
• Graduate degree in art history or a closely related discipline
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and demonstrated enthusiasm toward teaching and interacting with students and faculty within a multicultural environment.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as an adjunct faculty member at VCUArts Qatar
• Ability to teach the introductory, global survey of art history
• Doctoral degree in art history
• 2 years of teaching experience at the undergraduate level
• Familiarity teaching in the American university system
• Experience teaching undergraduate courses online
Job Open Date 10/08/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, please submit application materials via VCU eJobs at www.vcujobs.com
Only electronic applications submitted via eJobs will be accepted.
Application materials should include the following:
• Current CV or Resume
• A list of three current references including names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses (references will not be contacted prior to applicant’s approval).
• A brief letter describing scholarly interests, experience, and areas of teaching competency.
Additional Information Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101032 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Reference Letter - 1
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3