HVAC - Up to $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
University Code 17124 University Title Senior Trades Specialist University Job Family Facilities Management ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Local Working Title HVAC - Up to $5,000 Sign-on Bonus Position Number 546600 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Physical Plant Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The VCU Facilitie Department has has a competitive starting salary and a generous package of state benefits.
• 27 days of annual paid leave.
• 16 days of annual holiday leave.
• Competitive health benefits package commences within 30 days of employment.
• All uniforms, safety boots and tools provided.
• Paid training.
• Retirement offered Virginia Retirement System.
• Tuition waiver with up to 2 classes per semester.
• Parental and Care Giver Leave
• Utilize knowledge of the HVAC trade to perform preventive maintenance, repair and installation of building infrastructure ensuring efficient operation of Zone facilities.
• Provide exemplary customer service to all faculty, staff and students supporting the University’s mission
of teaching, high-impact research and creative expression.
• Identify and document system deficiencies using diagnostic tools and advise management of tasks
requiring priority attention.
• Provide quality workmanship and service to maximize system availability and minimize unscheduled downtime.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• High School diploma of GED required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in commercial/institutional HVAC and mechanical maintenance.
• Ability to diagnose, repair and service a wide variety of HVAC, mechanical and electrical systems, including cooling towers, chillers, VFD’s and large central air handling systems.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing to supervision, other employees and customers.
• Knowledge of appropriate building codes.
• Ability to read/interpret drawings, plans, specifications and scopes.
• Ability to use a wide variety of hand tools and power equipment.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
• High School diploma of GED required.
• Virginia Driver’s License required.
• HVAC courses I, II, Ill, code classes, basic and advanced training or equivalent combination of experience and trade/craft training.
• EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification required.
• State of Virginia Journeyman HVAC License required or the ability to obtain within the first year of employment.
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Valid Virginia driver’s license
Anticipated Hiring Range $45,000 - $70,000 (+ up to $5,000 sign on bonus) Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV and Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/7:30am-4:00pm Job Open Date 10/08/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Trades/ Housekeeping and Operations Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101020 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Journeyman Mechanical License?
- * Do you have universal EPA certification?
- * How many years of experience do you have working on
commercial/industrial HVAC systems?
- A. 1-5 years
- B. 5-10 years
- C. 10+ years
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document