Senior Compliance & Policy Analyst
University Code 25231 University Title Legal, Audit and Compliance Specialist University Job Family Legal, Audit & Compliance ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Regional Working Title Senior Compliance & Policy Analyst Position Number 556400 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Audit and Compliance Services Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Sr. Compliance Analyst has the primary responsibility of assisting the university Compliance Program/University Compliance Officer with collaboration of the development and integration of the corporate compliance programs related to Federal and State-level regulatory guidelines. In this role, the Sr. Compliance Analyst will lead and provide expert technical assistance to highly visible, sensitive, and multifaceted projects. The Sr. Compliance Analyst will be responsible for balancing several projects simultaneously; this includes, providing assistance in setting strategic direction of projects, developing project plans, and providing high quality project management, analytic support services, and technical expertise to a broad array of issues with most significant focus on, and dedication of time to, the newly created university Policy Program. Specifically, the successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate the compliance and ethics standards and procedures to all employees; provide advice and interpretation around the code of conduct and university wide policies; enhance and develop compliance-related policies; plan, organize and conduct comprehensive investigations of suspected violations of the organization’s Compliance Program; monitor new and existing regulations, guidelines and regulatory requirements in identified compliance areas of necessity; be able to critically analyze situations, data and information and be able to develop and pose probing questions; serve as System Administrator and trainer for the Policy Program software; serve as the gatekeeper for the management of all university wide policies and procedures, and integration with parent policies and procedures to include the organization of policy and procedures.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Excellent written and verbal communication development and delivery
• Excellent analytical ability
• Excellent research and decision-making skills
• Highest degree of professionalism, civility and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to collaborate, work and lead projects/ initiatives in a team environment
• Maintain key relationships with both internal and external customers
• Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
• Ability to work independently and to manage and meet multiple priorities within the university
• Ability to plan short term and long-term goals
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Strong data analysis capabilities with ability to understand and problem solve complex scenarios, and conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses;
• Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; Effectively present information and respond to questions from manager and others; Interpret variety of technical instructions or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables; Able to create and use systematic approaches to problem solving and troubleshooting;
• Proficient to advanced knowledge using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a basic centralization software management system for policy program and compliance documentation needs;
• Strong project management skills with the capability to establish action plans, set clear goals, monitor and communicate progress, and follow through on all initiatives to completion
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse environment or commitment to do so as an employee at VCU
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Education / Experience: Master’s Degree; JD; 4-6 years experience in similar field. Considerable experience working within a compliance and ethics focused or ethics forward organization or regulated industry or experience working with regulated activities, with corporate compliance, risk management, legal internal audit within an academic or research setting.
• Certification in Compliance, either CCEP or CHC or related, or interest and ability to obtain certification within the first 12 months of employment.
• Familiarity with federal, state and local regulations governing research and other areas of university operations. Knowledge in assessing, designing, structuring and implementing compliance initiatives. Experience in analyzing regulations, data and information.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; detail oriented. Strong analytical skills in reviewing current and proposed compliance regulations. Ability to interpret data and identify trends, including statistical analysis.
• Evidence of significant work experience with unique and diverse projects and populations / leading and working with cross-functional teams in which project management techniques are used. Such management techniques used would include: needs assessment; recommendations to management; development and documentation of policies and procedures; oversight of project implementation; compliance reviews; and reports of findings to management.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $60,000 - $70,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday - Friday Job Open Date 10/09/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101060 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond