Program Director 1 - (STA006505)
Directs an ongoing university program to ensure that prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with its mission and/or specified objectives. Prepares short- and long-term goals and objectives.
- Plans, develops and administers methods, strategies and procedures for meeting program objectives; directs and oversees the daily activities of staff members.
- Prepares and monitors the annual budget and ensures that expenditures are within budget allocation.
- Directs and coordinates personally, or through subordinate personnel, activities concerned with carrying out the objectives of the program.
- Directs the preparation of and reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objectives; modifies or changes methodology as required to redirect activities and attains objectives.
- Analyzes trends within program areas, maintaining expert awareness of program information and change needs.
- Formulates, implements, and maintains appropriate policies and procedures concerning program administration.
- Manages and administers grant for program, including meetings, communication coordination, scholarships and other operations.
- May prepare or participate in the preparation of proposals to obtain grants from state and federal agencies, and private foundation sponsors.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Experience is lieu of education is accepted.
Additional Posting Information
This position serves as the Program Director of Department Business Operations for the Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Houston, College of Pharmacy. The Department is seeking outstanding candidates to manage the day-to-day operations, including but not limited to, financial management and supervision of staff and student employees. The deparment currently has 25 tenure-track/tenured faculty members, 6 research faculty members, 23 postdocs, and 43 Ph.D. students (fall 2020).
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following:
- A demonstrated record of effective leadership in higher education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly interpret and implement policies and procedures
- Experience in budget and financial management
- Experience in research expenditure compliance
- Experience with procurement, travel, and contracts
- Experience supervising staff and managing performance
- Experience with Peoplesoft Finance
- Relevant University of Houston experience, including comprehensive knowledge of university business policies and procedures
- Cover letter delineating the manner in which your experience applies to the posting
- Three work references, including current and past supervisors. (Note: Referencees will be contacted only after the recruitment and interview process has been completed. We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in advance of making contact with your references).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston