University of Idaho
Division/College: Auxiliary Services
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $15.61 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Starbucks Lead is responsible for supporting the VandalStore Mission of striving boldly to better the Vandal experience. The position focuses on performance management, cash handling, inventory controls, scheduling, and resource management. It is a supervisory role that sets a high standard of customer service for both the University of Idaho and Starbucks, and leads and trains a team for success. The Starbucks Lead also assures that the University of Idaho VandalStore is in compliance with the licensed store agreement with the Starbucks Corporation.
Work experience that includes:
• Barista and Management experience;
• Cash Handling;
• Point-of-Sale systems;
• Training staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree;
• Starbucks experience at a manager or shift supervisor level;
• Possess a valid driver’s license and ability to meet the university’s driving requirements.
Work Experience that includes:
• Two years of staff management in a retail environment;
• Managing multiple projects simultaneously with great attention to detail;
• Communicating effectively with Internal/External customers; in-person, phone and email;
• Working both in teams or independently;
• Using computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
• Working in a multi-task environment, maintaining confidentiality, and following oral and written instructions, policies, and procedures.
• Retail methods, inventory control, pricing, and promotions;
• Retrieval of information, report writing, scheduling and basic human relations activities (performance management, hiring, termination, etc.) and systems trouble shooting.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise move 50 pounds
• Willingness to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends
• Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift (8 hours)
Posting Number: SP002610P
Posting Date: 10/07/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Preference will be given to applications received on or before October 21, 2020.
Please answer all supplemental questions thoroughly, your answers will be used to determine eligibility for an interview, and demonstrate communications skills.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.