SENIOR ACADEMIC COORDINATOR FOR CLINICAL EDUCATION
SENIOR ACADEMIC COORDINATOR FOR CLINICAL EDUCATION
Posting Number: SRGV4686
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Education and Academic Affairs
Scope of Job:
Coordinate delivery of clinical educational program, which include teaching and learning activities, program curriculum, learner scheduling, maintenance of databases, tracking learner and instructor compliance. Collaborate with clerkship directors, faculty, and staff to ensure that policies pertaining to clinical education are implemented, followed, and communicated to students and instructors, including course faculty and residents, as appropriate.
Description of Duties:
• Supervises and manages activities and personnel of assigned educational program(s); ensures that activities are carried out in accordance with policy and program objectives.
• Makes operational decisions and determinations with a large degree of independence, collaborating with the clerkship directors and undergraduate medical education team to ensure effective and efficient delivery of curriculum.
• Participates in hiring, training, development and evaluation of assigned personnel.
• Maintains academic calendar for assigned educational programs.
• Serves as administrative contact for assigned academic program(s); coordinates schedules for students and instructors including rotation schedule, didactics, meetings, and exams.
• Coordinates student orientations, required training, and other logistics including schedules, room reservations, audio-visual and technology requirements for educational activities.
• Maintains course in learning management system, including posting and updating of learning materials, faculty contact and clinical site information, grades, and other documents relevant to the course.
• Ensures completion of course documentation including required clinical experiences, duty logs, and evaluations.
• Coordinates and proctors student examinations.
• Collaborates with Office of the Registrar to coordinate enrollment and onboarding of UTRGV medical students and visiting students; assists clerkship directors in reviewing and accepting visiting student candidates.
• Completes, submits, and maintains all data and paperwork to assure compliance with institutional policy and accreditation standards including final submission of grades, assignment of evaluations and monitoring of completion, maintenance of required documentation.
• Compiles data and prepares reports related to program activities and outcomes.
• Oversees supply purchases and other orders as needed.
• Attends relevant departmental and committee meetings and assists in identifying areas of improvement in curriculum delivery.
• Assists with planning transition-to-residency activities such as student information sessions, letters of recommendation, and mock interviews.
• Maintains knowledge of the learning management system and other software applications and educational technologies used for scheduling, registration, grading, evaluation, and teaching.
• Assists with recruitment and onboarding of faculty for the assigned clinical educational program; interacts with hospital/clinic managers to build rapport.
• Performs site visits to monitor student activities at clinical education sites.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university.
Master’s Degree in a related field from an accredited University.
• Three (3) years of experience in the appropriate field of the program, or
• Five (5) years of the required experience with an Associate Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
• Seven (7) years of the required experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Independent decision making and problem solving ability. Maintain positive working relationships with faculty, students, peers and learners. Must be self-motivated, self-initiator who is highly analytical, organized, detail oriented and able to multitask with leadership qualities.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 10/12/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25965