Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning Mechanic (HVAC)
Classification: Support Staff- Full Time- 12 Months- 2080 Hours
Reports to: Physical Plant Maintenance Supervisor
Description: The HVAC Mechanic performs duties related to the repair, maintenance, operation, adjustment and/or installation of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, and related electrical or pneumatic control systems.
- Perform daily rounds and take corrective action on deficiencies
- Install, repair, adjust, service, and maintain electric or
pneumatic control systems for heating, ventilation, exhaust, air
conditioning, humidity, laboratory equipment, including calibration
of related instruments, gauges and controls.
- Install, operate, service and repair conventional mechanical
refrigeration/air conditioning equipment
- Conduct necessary test of equipment to determine malfunctions
or causes of breakdowns; remove and replace faulty parts,
assemblies and major components
- Recommend ordering of necessary parts and supplies for
maintenance of equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics and
- Clean HVAC systems
- Occasionally assist other maintenance personnel in performance
of their duties as assigned
- Transport materials, tools and equipment to the work
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- High school graduate (diploma/GED) required.
- Minimum of five years experience in the trade or an equivalent
combination of technical training and experience.
- 2-5 years of progressively responsible experience in the
management of the installation, construction, and maintenance of
equipment, utilities, and buildings, including pneumatic and
electronic control systems preferred.
- Mechanical service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of heating, refrigeration/air conditioning equipment
and/or pneumatic and electrical control systems.
- Supervisory experience or ability to manage people
- Computer literacy is required.
- Familiarity with Building Management Systems (BMS) and Computer
Management Systems (CMMS) is required.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties
and responsibilities of job, including heavy lifting
- Must have valid Wisconsin motor vehicle license and be
insurable under the college's insurance plan.
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the
Job Number: #2021-060
Please reference job #2021-060 and submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran's status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff. EOE