Position #: 120860
Position Title: Lecturer 120860
Working Title: Lecturer
Job Location: University of West Florida Pensacola Campus
Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities: Teach 4/4 courses during Fall/Spring terms. Teach courses in physics or astronomy across the curriculum. Potentially supervise teaching assistants who are assigned for laboratory sections. Serve on university, college, and department committees, participate in community engagement activities aligned to the department’s priorities and consistent with partnership of local school districts.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree in Physics or a closely related discipline from an accredited institution.
Preferred Qualifications: PhD in Physics, or a closely related discipline from an accredited institution. Candidates should possess the following:
- good communication skills,
- have recent teaching experience,
- have familiarity with distance learning teaching,
- knowledge of high impact practices and evidence-based teaching,
- interest in teaching lower-division introductory physics courses.
A strong commitment to teaching with demonstrated ability and enthusiasm in innovative methods of teaching labs and courses is required.
Application Procedures: Candidates must apply online through the University of West Florida website: https://careers.uwf.edu. Be prepared to attach a letter of interest, curriculum vita, name/contact information for three references in electronic format, teaching philosophy, research statement, and a sample of scholarly publication. Letter of interest should address qualifications related to teaching, research, service and administrative duties. References will be contacted directly to provide letter of recommendation. An opportunity to upload these documents will be provided during the application process. For assistance, please contact Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or email email@example.com.
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual requiring special accommodation to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting UWF Human Resources at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY). E-Verify requirements may apply for employment in certain positions. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law. To reach the Equal Opportunity Office or Title IX Coordinators, go to https://uwf.edu/academic-engagement-and-student-affairs/departments/equity-and-diversity/.
The preferred response date for this position will be Friday, November 13, 2020. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by then. The search will continue until the position is filled. The start date for the position is August 9, 2021.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pensacola
- Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pensacola
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pensacola
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pensacola
- Physics & Space Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pensacola