Schwarzman College Professor of Modern Chinese Political Economy
Schwarzman College, in collaboration with the appropriate school or department at Tsinghua University, is recruiting for a tenured or tenure-track Professor of Modern Chinese Political Economy. We are recruiting rising stars or established faculty and will consider appointments at the Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor level. The appointment will be made jointly by Schwarzman College and the relevant Tsinghua School or department with primary teaching responsibility at Schwarzman College.
We are recruiting for a full-time position to be given to one individual. Faculty appointment at the Assistant Professor level will be for an initial term of three years with promotion to Associate Professor in line with Tsinghua University standard review and promotion procedures. All appointments will be provided competitive pay and access to seed research funds.
The Professor of Modern Chinese Political Economy shall work full-time at Tsinghua University and teach at Schwarzman College and shall have no other full-time obligations outside of Tsinghua University. We are seeking expert scholars in modern China.
We are seeking excellent teachers and scholars with an interdisciplinary focus and whose work is related to global affairs. The appointed professor will teach or co-anchor the core China course at the Schwarzman Scholars program, “Forty Years of China’s Economic, Political, and Social Reform.” Seed research funding will be available to support the appointee’s scholarly research and career development.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications and credentials will be considered in appointing the Professor of Modern Chinese Political Economy.
1. Scholar with a strong record of teaching, research and publications at the assistant, associate or full professor level. Recent Ph.D.’s will be considered for the assistant professor level.
2. A doctoral degree in history, economics, sociology, public policy, business, political science, or other relevant academic area is required;
3. Expertise in any of the following areas: China’s economic reforms, China’s social policy, China’s political institutions, China’s political history.
4. For candidates who are Chinese citizens currently based in China, significant time spent outside of China, such as studying and working;
5. Fluency in English (for purposes of teaching, research and communications);
6. International experience and knowledge and experience working in China is helpful. Educational background in the United States and/or Europe is preferred.
To apply, please send an application cover letter, a curriculum vitae (including a list of publications and courses taught), and the names and contact information of three referees to email@example.com (subject line: SC Professor of Modern Chinese Political Economy) before the deadline of December 15, 2020.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Economics Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- History Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China