Schwarzman College Professor of Leadership
Schwarzman College, in collaboration with the appropriate school or department at Tsinghua University, is recruiting for a tenured or tenure-track Professor of Leadership. We are recruiting rising stars or established faculty and will consider appointments at the Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor level. The appointment will be made jointly by Schwarzman College and the relevant Tsinghua School or department with primary teaching responsibility at Schwarzman College.
We are recruiting for a full-time position to be given to one or more individuals. Faculty appointment at the Assistant Professor level will be for an initial term of three years with promotion to Associate Professor in line with Tsinghua University standard review and promotion procedures. All appointments will be provided competitive pay and access to seed research funds.
The Professor of Leadership shall work full-time at Tsinghua University and teach at Schwarzman College and shall have no other full-time obligations outside of Tsinghua University.
We are seeking expert scholars in leadership. We are seeking excellent teachers and scholars with an interdisciplinary focus and whose work is related to global affairs. The appointed professor will teach one or more of the core leadership courses in the Schwarzman Scholars program and must have expertise in the relevant area. Current core leadership courses include leadership in business, leadership in public organizations, leadership in not-for-profit organizations, leadership in history, leadership in crises and disasters.
Seed research funding will be available to support the appointee’s scholarly research and career development.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications and credentials will be considered in appointing the Professor of Leadership:
1. Scholar with a strong record of teaching (at least 2-3 years), research and publications at the assistant, associate or full professor level;
2. A doctoral degree in history, psychology, sociology, public policy, business, political science, or other relevant academic area along with field experience in a developing country is required;
3. Expertise in any of the following areas: private sector/business leadership, public sector leadership; not-for-profit leadership; values-based leadership/ethical leadership; leadership in international affairs, diplomacy, the military; leadership in history.
4. For candidates who are Chinese citizens currently based in China, significant time spent outside of China, such as studying and working;
5. Fluency in English (for purposes of teaching, research and communications);
6. International experience and knowledge and experience working in or on China is helpful. Educational background in the United States and/or Europe is preferred.
To apply, please send an application cover letter, a curriculum vitae (including a list of publications and courses taught), and the names and contact information of three referees to email@example.com (subject line: SC Professor of Leadership) before the deadline of December 15, 2020.
Apply for Schwarzman College Professor of Leadership
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Business Administration Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Public Administration & Policy Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China