Schwarzman College Assistant Professor of Global Affairs
Schwarzman College, in collaboration with the appropriate school or department at Tsinghua University, is recruiting for a tenure-track Professor of Global Affairs. We are recruiting rising stars for an appointment at the Assistant Professor level. The appointment will be made jointly by Schwarzman College and the relevant Tsinghua School or department with primary teaching responsibility at Schwarzman College.
We are recruiting for a full-time position to be given to one individual. Faculty appointment at the Assistant Professor level will be for an initial term of three years with promotion to Associate Professor in line with Tsinghua University standard review and promotion procedures. All appointments will be provided competitive pay and access to seed research funds.
The Assistant Professor of Global Affairs shall work full-time at Tsinghua University and teach at Schwarzman College and shall have no other full-time obligations outside of Tsinghua University. We are seeking expert scholars in global affairs who are excellent teachers and scholars with an interdisciplinary focus and whose work is related to China. The appointed professor will teach courses in the Schwarzman Scholars program and will take primary responsibility for managing the core and elective global affairs curriculum at Schwarzman College in collaboration with the academic team. Seed research funding will be available to support the appointee’s scholarly research and career development.
The appointee will be expected to lead or participate in teaching the core required global affairs course at Schwarzman College along with one additional elective course (to be mutually decided), and should have expertise in one or more of the following topics: global public policy, global governance, economic globalization, international relations, the history of globalization. The appointee should have an understanding of China’s role in new and emerging global trends, as well as governance institutions and mechanisms.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications and credentials will be considered in appointing the Assistant Professor of Global Affairs:
1. Scholar with a strong record of teaching, research and publications at the assistant professor level. Recent Ph.D.’s will be considered;
2. A doctoral degree in public policy, political science, economics, international relations, history, or other relevant field along with field experience in a developing country is required
3. For candidates who are Chinese citizens currently based in China, significant time spent outside of China, such as studying and working;
4. Fluency in English (for purposes of teaching, research and communications);
5. International experience and knowledge and experience working in or on China. Educational background in the United States and/or Europe is preferred.
To apply, please send an application cover letter, a curriculum vitae (including a list of publications and courses taught), and the names and contact information of three referees to email@example.com (subject line: SC Assistant Professor of Global Affairs) before the deadline of December 15, 2020.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Economics Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Political Science & International Relations Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China