Executive Director of Residential Life
Louisiana State University invites applications for the position of Executive Director of Residential Life. Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Executive Director of Residential Life provides strategic leadership for programs, services, operations, and spaces that enhance the LSU residential student experience. The position leads a residential life team of 280 full-time staff and 500 part-time student staff; manages a housing inventory of 8,800 beds across 22 residence halls, four apartment complexes, and three fraternity/sorority houses, comprising a total of 3.2 million square feet; is responsible for an annual operating budget of approximately $70 million; and serves as a key member of the Student Affairs leadership team that also includes the AVP and Dean of Students, the Executive Director of the Student Health Center, the Executive Director of University Recreation, the Director of the Olinde Career Center, the Chief Administrative Officer for the division, and the Vice President for Student Affairs. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Serves as LSU's senior residential life and housing officer.
- Facilitates short-term and long-term planning, organizational development, and change management.
- Provides leadership and strategic management for a large, multifaceted organization.
- Ensures the quality of all residential facilities, programs, processes, and key relationships.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for an annual operating budget of approximately $70 million.
- Develops, reviews, revises, and/or clarifies policies related to residential life.
- Works collaboratively with cross-campus teams to address emerging student issues and solve problems related to the residential student experience.
- Serves as a key member of the Student Affairs Leadership Team, advances the Division of Student Affairs priorities and LSU, and aligns Residential Life with LSU's objectives.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Progressive leadership experience, including at least 7 years of direct supervision.
- Experience working cooperatively on cross-institutional teams to solve complex challenges.
- Terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- 5+ years leadership experience at or above the director level (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated experience negotiating and/or actively managing a public-private partnership.
- Demonstrated experience managing a large and complex auxiliary budget.
- Demonstrated program design, curriculum design, and/or group facilitation experience.
- Demonstrated research, assessment, and/or data-driven decision-making experience.
- Demonstrated student retention planning experience.
Special Instructions: Please direct all nominations and inquiries for the position to Abby Simpson, Talent Acquisition Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted online on the LSU Careers website. The search committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and continue to accept applications and nominations until the position is filled. However, in order to assure the fullest consideration, candidates are encouraged to have complete applications submitted by October 22, 2020. Requested application materials include a letter of interest; resume or curriculum vitae; and the names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of at least five (5) professional references. All applications, nominations, and inquiries will remain confidential. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications. An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
Additional Position Information: Background Check - An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check. Benefits - LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more! LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity / equal access employer. Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Baton Rouge
- Student Affairs Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Baton Rouge
- Residence Life Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Baton Rouge
- Executive Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Baton Rouge
- Executive Directors Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Baton Rouge