Research Technician II
The section of Gastroenterology & Hepatology is searching for a fresh college graduate who has a future career plan in research and/or medicine to join an active research team as a lab technician.
1). Participates in exciting research projects studying the role of circadian homeostasis in prevention of obesity, metabolic syndrome and cancer using genetic, physiological, cellular and molecular biology techniques including:
- Animal studies/genotyping/tissue isolation/behavior
- Tissue and cell cultures.
- Bench Work:
- Protein and RNA studies (Western blotting, Immuno- precipitation, immunohistochemistry, RNA isolation)
- Tumor and DNA isolation and PCR genotyping -Immunoassays (such as RIA and EIA)
- Plasmid construction and transformation
2). Helps the PI, graduate student and post-docs in research and manages the lab.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston