Registered Nurse II
This position needs expert level professional nurse who demonstrates a mastery level of proficiency in delivering patient care in the ambulatory care setting. Assists physicians with treatment room examination and procedures, schedules tests and appointments, answers patient calls, records and communicates information to referring physicians. Serves as a resource for department, Registered Nurses I & II's, and unlicensed clinical staff members. Cardiology related experience as registered nurse is required. Supervising INR clinic.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality and safe patient care and a positive patient experience.
- Adheres to the scope of practice as defined by the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
- Provides professional nursing assessment of patients.
- May ensure efficient operation of the clinic or unit by scheduling and planning for use of staff, supplies, and equipment.
- Assists with treatment room examination and procedures on patients.
- Schedules appointments, tests, and examinations with hospital and other doctor’s offices.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Instructs patients concerning the preparations needed for tests and surgical procedures.
- Communicates with other health care professionals regarding orders and care of patients.
- Executes physician orders and administers medications and treatments for patients.
- Promotes patient’s independence by involving patient in defining and establishing patient care goals; teaching and counseling patient, friends, and family and reinforcing their understanding of disease, medications, and self-care skills.
- Provides telephone triage to patients and ensure patients receive the right level of care.
- Monitors Registered Nurses I & II’s, and unlicensed staff members by directing, guiding, and influencing the outcome of an individual’s performance and activity.
- Precepts / orients new clinical staff.
- Deliver staff education, clinical in-services and/or participate in clinical staff meetings based on the needs of the department.
- Respects and supports patient rights and promotes positive family and patient relations.
- Prioritizes and organizes work so that assignments are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Identifies and supports cost containment and efficiency for patients and the clinic.
- Supports the clinic / departments compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; stocks, and orders treatment room supplies.
- Maintains a professional and cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests, and building rapport by participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and clinical champion for areas of expertise within your specialty.
- Conducts Performance Improvement activities that support the clinic / departments goals for quality, patient experience, patient safety, and/or efficiency. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience as a licensed Registered Nurse (RN). Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Preferred Experience: At least one year of relevant experience in Cardiology Required
- Certification: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.