Patient Accounts Representative II
As a member of the customer service team, the representative will address billing questions for patients. Representatives must be resourceful and knowledgeable in the full revenue cycle in order to provide exemplary service. The candidate will be responsible for improving collections and reducing bad debt for the college. The representative expedites and maximizes payment of insurance medical claims by contacting third party payers and patients.
- Handle a complex variety of billing questions in a high paced environment.
- Review self pay balances and determine the source of the balance checking for errors in contractual adjustments, payments and other issues.
- Answer 50-60 calls per day and review patient accounts for bad addresses, insurance coverage and other details to ensure the balances are collected.
- Monitor general consent, patient PHI and other released information to ensure our compliance to HIPAA requirements.
- Escalate disputes from patients and insurance companies to other PBS sections including Insurance Verification, Payment Posting, Coding and Account Follow-Up.
- Efficiently handle the complexity of this position, by having extensive knowledge of all steps in the revenue cycle.
- Update demographics within EPIC to ensure proper billing.
- Receive questions via telephone, email and MyChart.
- Provide assistance by setting up payment plans, collecting on balances and adding coverages.
- Serve as the main resource for patient contact and escalate issues to other sections of the PBS.
- Resolve any unusual denials, low payments, or requests for information, including appeals.
- Evaluate if payments were made according to contract.
- File insurance claims and requests statements.
- May provide guidance and technical work direction to less experienced Patient Account Representatives.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Patient Account or Coding certification.
- Knowledge/experience with the revenue cycle.
- EPIC or other institutional billing software.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston