Diesel Technology Technical Instructor
Washburn Institute of Technology seeks applications for one Diesel Technology Technical Instructor to begin January 2, 2021. This is a 10-month, full-time position with benefits.
- Two years of experience or 4000 hours as a diesel technician, or military experience equivalent to two years of experience as a diesel technician.
- Industry-recognized certifications or licenses relevant to the diesel technology field.
- Associate degree or willingness to complete an associate degree at Washburn University within five years of hire date.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (automotive tech or diesel tech).
- Teaching experience related to the diesel/automotive industry.
- Experience with diesel technology: engines and engine performance; electrical/electronic systems; hydraulics; auxiliary power units/refrigeration; drive trains; brakes and brake service; suspension and steering; scanner diagnostics; shop skills and safety protocol.
- Develop curriculum according to course competencies on each course syllabus
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings.
- Develop assignments for the classroom and the lab/shop.
- Enforce policies for use of safety and personal protective equipment for all individuals in the lab/shop environment.
- Maintain student records about the program (i.e. certification testing and the assessment plan).
- Administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
Instructors are expected to participate in college-wide staff development days and participate actively in program advisory board meetings to foster a positive relationship with industry and the community.
All instructors are expected to act in a manner that promotes collegial relationships and shows respect for students, staff, and colleagues.
- Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply submit a letter of interest, resume, copies of transcripts, copies of current credentials, and the names and contact information of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please use “Tech Instructor - Diesel” in the subject line. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Official transcripts are required once hired.
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburns efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the Universitys commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka