Adjunct LPN Clinical Instructors
Washburn Institute of Technology seeks applications on an on-going basis from Registered Nurses to serve as part-time, temporary, day, evening, and weekend Licensed Practical Nursing adjunct clinical instructors. The candidate(s) will be required to provide proof of current CPR certification and current immunizations.
- Current Kansas licensure as a registered nurse in good standing with no disciplinary action pending.
- Experience in at least one of the following clinical rotations:
- Foundations of Nursing
- Med/Surg (Nursing Care of Adults)
- Master’s degree in nursing.
- Two years of professional work experience in nursing.
- Clinical experience in a hospital, long-term care facility, or similar health care facility and/or nursing instructional experience within the last two years.
Clinical Instructors are expected to be positive role models for students.
- Maintain licensure and certifications required by the Kansas State Board of Nursing.
- Direct, guide, and evaluate student performance in the clinical and laboratory setting.
- Maintain student records about the program.
- Develop and maintain working relationships and constructive interaction with other faculty and personnel of the school, cooperating agencies, and community groups.
- Perform all other functions necessary for the proper operation of assigned courses.
To apply for this position submit a letter of interest, resume, names and phone numbers of three professional references, official college transcript(s), and a copy of your current nursing license to firstname.lastname@example.org . Review of resumes will begin immediately. This is a non-benefits eligible position.
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburns efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the Universitys commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.