Advisor Disability Services I
Advisor Disability Services I
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Advisor Disability Services I
Provide reasonable accommodation, individual attention, and support for students with disabilities (as the current disability documentation supports/and is approved by the Access Review committee). Provide academic advice, registration, and possible referral of social/support services for the student.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individualized advice academic and goal setting support services for students with disabilities.
- Establish and maintain appropriate files and documentation on eligible students with disabilities.
- Maintain close and regular contact with these students to ensure appropriate reasonable accommodations and follow up.
- Proctor and administer tests for students on all campuses needing special testing arrangements.
- Work with and make referrals to area social service and support agencies.
- Work closely with the Coordinator of Student Support Services in scheduling note-takers, scribes and tutors.
- Develop and administer disability awareness programs and professional development activities for faculty and staff promoting greater sensitivity toward disabilities.
- Assist in providing support during registration and assessment.
- Assist in providing leadership with intake and academic advising for all students.
- Participate in evening and weekend advising, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, Counseling, Social Work, Education or a related field from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) years directly related experience working with or teaching individuals who have disabilities required.
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution and five (5) years of experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of crisis management
- Knowledge of disability assistance technology
- Knowledge of procedures to check out and check in equipment
- Knowledge of available academic and community support options for students
- Organization and scheduling skills
- Listening, speaking, and presentation skills
- Customer Service skills
- Decision making skills
- Documentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to stay focused
- Ability to apply mediation techniques
- Ability to assess the situation and act professionally
- Ability to act creatively in building additional student success tools
- Ability to shift plans quickly
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $40,863.00 - 46,992.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney