IT Security Analyst II
IT Analyst II
UF Information Technology (UFIT) is currently seeking an entry level Security Analyst to join the Information Security Office, a unit within UFIT.
Employment with UFIT provides an excellent opportunity to work with other employees dedicated and focused on understanding and interpreting the technological needs of the University of Florida’s innovative and inspirational community.
This position will work within the Integrated Risk Management, IRM, team. UF’s Integrated Risk Management program was created to support the building of a resilient cybersecurity environment and advance the University’s mission of teaching, research and service by providing UF faculty and staff with a single point of contact for performing risk assessments and providing information on vetted digital business tools and solutions.
There are a number of offices involved in the evaluation of digital business risk including Office of Accessibility, Institutional Review Board (IRB), Procurement Office, Information Security Office, Office of Treasury Management, Privacy Office, Office of General Counsel and Office of Sponsored research. Whether someone is initiating a new project or using vetted technology, some level of risk assessment is required. This position plays a vital role in collaboration and communication to facilitate this process quickly and efficiently. This role is as much a customer service role as it is a technical assessment role.
$57,000 – $61,000; commensurate based on education and experience. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package.
Associate's degree and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience but does not negate the minimum degree requirement(s). Preferred Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience, and skills:
- Security other technical Certifications
- Minimum of 2 years of combined IT and security experience preferred with a broad range of exposure to data, networks, systems, and web applications
Preferred skills, expertise, and experience:
- Exemplary communication skills; ability to explain complex, highly technical information to non-technical colleagues using clear, simple language
- Awareness of current standards and trends in IT and IT Security and emerging technology and threats.
- Basic level knowledge of;
- security issues, techniques, and implications across all existing computer platforms
- client/server, network topology, network/infrastructure security, network operating systems, web technologies, and e-commerce operations
- IT auditing and risk management
- Awareness of current standards and trends in IT and emerging technology
- Manage multiple tasks to deadlines; communicate progress at regular intervals
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities
To be successful in this position, the incumbent must:
- Provide excellent service through professional and courteous interactions with internal and external customers while meeting business needs
- Work independently and requires a high level of problem-solving skills as well as teamwork and communication skills including speaking and writing skills
- Be flexible in work style and able to work in open workspace environment
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and/or CV
- Professional References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge