Assistant Professor, Software Engineering
As the Assistant Professor of Software Engineering, you will teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; research/scholarship; participate on Department, College and University committees and initiatives.
The U.A. Whitaker College of Engineering is about 14 years young and continues to expand its offerings. It is dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers who are committed to innovative delivery of instruction that results in improved student learning; to using educational technology effectively; to engaging in scholarly and service activities; and to engaging in a continuous and outcomes-based assessment process.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university and serves a student body of approximately 15,000. Located in Southwest Florida between the Florida Everglades and the Gulf of Mexico, we offer an exceptional environment for learning. Half of our beautiful 800 acre campus is preserved in its natural state. Southwest Florida provides a high quality of life with beautiful beaches and moderate temperatures year around.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- As an Assistant Professor of Software Engineering you will teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; develop and publish research/scholarship and seek funding; participate on College and University committees and initiatives.
- Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community.
Additional Job Description
- An earned Doctorate in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation.
- ABD will be considered if degree is conferred prior to the appointment date. If successful candidate is ABD, appointment will be made at a Lecturer level on a fixed contract.
- Teach, research, and professional service interests in Software Engineering.
- Scholarship and/or industry experience in Software Engineering.
- Teach and research interests in disciplinary areas that complement and/or supplement the expertise within the software engineering department.
- Prior experience in teaching, research, industry, and/or extramural funding.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate software engineering courses, and mentor students.
- Ability to publish in regional, national, and international venues appropriate to the discipline.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse range of learners and to use information technology as a pedagogical and professional tool.
- Have skills in working in a rapidly developing regional comprehensive university with a focus on creating a student-learning environment among diverse academic disciplines.
- Potential for success and achieving excellence in university teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Potential to develop grant proposals and seek extramural funding.
- A commitment to collaborate with other faculty to develop a shared vision of the future.
- Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning and/or scholarly activities.
- Must value continued scholarship and service to the department, college, and university.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made on a 9-month multi-year appointment basis available August 2021.
Complete applications must include: (1) Unofficial Transcripts; (2) Statement of Teaching Philosophy; (3) Curriculum Vitae and (4) References.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
This position is listed as “open until filled”, however applications received by Monday January 4, 2021 will receive priority consideration.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers