Assistant Professor, Mathematics
As Assistant Professor of Mathematics, you will teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; conduct research/scholarship; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives; and perform other duties as assigned.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to: be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; be committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; be committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in mathematics and related subjects.
- Continued scholarly activity is expected at a level commensurate with the mission of the University.
- Community, institutional, and professional service in furtherance of FGCU’s mission is expected of all faculty.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chair.
Additional Job Description
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics, or related area from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation.
- A record of achievement in teaching mathematics courses and in scholarship. Must meet the University and College criteria for the appointment to the level of Assistant Professor.
- ABD will be considered if degree is conferred by August 7, 2021. If successful candidate is ABD, appointment will be made at a Lecturer level on a fixed contract.
- Interdisciplinary teaching and research perspective with well-defined research goals that would complement the existing scholarship of the Mathematics Department.
- Willingness to engage in service opportunities commensurate with career maturity.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with and commitment to the use of instructional technology, including audio-visual aids, computer algebra systems, graphing calculators, and tutorial software; a willingness to cultivate an interdisciplinary perspective with regard to the teaching of mathematics; and a demonstrated commitment to professional development.
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the school and university.
- Ability to contribute effectively and collegially to a positive, dynamic, and inclusive learning environment for a diverse student population.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made on a 9-month multi-year appointment basis available August 2021.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Five (5) Professional References
Please upload the following additional materials in the available document upload sections:
- Cover Letter- upload in the Unofficial Transcripts Section
- Statement of experience with students in research or scholarship as it fits with discipline- upload in the Teaching Philosophy Section
The position is listed as “open until filled”, however applications received by Sunday January 10, 2021 will receive priority consideration.
Salary is $59,000 - Negotiable
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Law & Legal Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers