Regional Recruiter, Long Island
Job Code/Title 80021 - H - Student Recruiter AA 1 Position Number HU1014 Working Title Regional Recruiter, Long Island Department Office of Admissions Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range up to $25/hr depending on experience Campus Off-site Position Type Hourly Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
Virginia Commonwealth University is searching for a student-oriented, self-driven individual in the Long Island, New York area to support the University’s recruitment goals. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Recruitment in the Office of Admissions for the Division of Strategic Enrollment Management and Student Success, the part-time Regional Recruiter position is assigned to a specific recruitment territory and will spearhead the recruitment and yield efforts targeted to primarily undergraduate (freshmen and transfer) students by developing and implementing effective student recruitment, yield and marketing plans that meet the strategic enrollment goals of the University.
The ideal candidate lives in and knows the assigned territory well, has experience in student recruitment, and excels working independently and from a home-based office. Relocation expenses will not be provided to relocate for this position.
• Flexible position with competitive hourly rate and high-volume activity.
• Candidate lives in the Long Island area and works from a home office and utilizes a personal vehicle.
• Extensive travel is required – Trips with total mileage beyond 25 miles will be reimbursed, appropriate hotel and per diem expenses will also be provided. Events will be conducted virtually until they are able to be hosted in person due to COVID -19 restrictions.
• This is part-time work but may include more hours a week during busy season.
• On average, 29 hrs/week but this will fluctuate with the admissions cycle.
• Weekends and evening work is common and expected to meet the recruitment goals of the University.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and education.
• Lives in the Long Island area and can work from a home office with the stamina to travel frequently and extensively while working to achieve University recruitment goals.
• Possesses finesse in building strong relationships with students, families, school counselors and other stakeholders.
• Ability to work with a diverse population.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently with minimum to no supervision.
• Unexpired Driver’s License, personal vehicle, and active car insurance.
• Willingness to travel to VCU annually for training and other recruitment events.
• Experience working as a regional recruiter.
• Knowledge of the assigned area and culture.
• Experience with public speaking, presenting a strong comfort level with making presentations to large groups of people.
• Experience in college admissions or experience in advising high school students in the college application process.
• Knowledge of VCU .
Job Open Date 10/07/2020 Remove from posting on or before 10/21/2020 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101002 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a resident in the Long Island area?
- * Are you comfortable traveling for extended periods of time?
- * Are you able to handle working on multiple tasks at one time?
- * Do you have any college admissions experience?
- * Do you have an undergraduate degree?
- * Do you have experience working with student populations,
particularly high school students?
- * This position requires flexible hours for high school visits,
college fairs, trainings, and other recruitment events and tasks.
The position will require you to work some mornings, afternoons,
and evenings, as well as occasional weekends throughout the year.
Are you comfortable with having and managing a flexible work
- * Do you have a valid driver's license?
- * Do you have current car insurance?
- * Please describe your current knowledge and understanding of
the Long Island school system/districts.
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Counseling Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond