Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer
This field only applies to Faculty
Commensurate with education and experience.
DT Chief of Staff
The Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer ( CDEIO ) is the senior leader at the College, responsible for partnering with other leaders to enhance and accelerate the college’s diversity, equity and inclusion work. The CDEIO provides proactive, strategic and programmatic leadership to include the development and implementation of initiatives to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of the College’s strategic direction.
The CDEIO will be responsible for building an awareness and understanding of the college’s definitions and operationalizing the college’s diversity, equity and inclusion work as it relates to the goals of Being One-College, Being Student Ready and Serving the Community. In addition, the CDEIO will also be responsible for facilitating the refinement and focus of current Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ( DEI ) strategies to help ensure greater alignment throughout the institution, and the position will also be responsible for recommending new strategies to advance the college’s DEI work. This strategic leader will collaborate with the college community to facilitate the enhancement of the learning and working environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed and play a significant role in developing plans and training programs to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion in our programs, policies, and culture.
As a member of the college’s leadership team, the CDEIO will lead efforts to promote mindsets and behaviors that support the college’s commitment to provide open access to education and equitable opportunities for students to learn, and will promote a more diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment for employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serves as a liaison and resource within the college to ensure the coordination and implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion proven and promising practices and strategies throughout the college
• Consults with internal and external stakeholders to strengthen and operationalize existing and new diversity, equity and inclusion programming
• Coordinates with other college offices in the development, implementation and regular use of data tools to measure success regarding equity and diversity efforts and success of faculty, staff and students in underrepresented groups, which will be used to inform the college’s leadership decisions
• Promotes college commitment to a climate of diversity, equity and inclusion through interaction with individuals and agencies inside and outside the college district
• Consults with college Principle Champions, as well as other college leaders, to ensure that existing strategies and recommendations have been developed using a lens of diversity, equity and inclusion; identifies gaps and recommends appropriate strategies to mitigate inequities in practice and policy
• Promotes environments and develops relationships that foster safe conversations, trust, and respect within the college
• Participates in the development of evaluation tools and outcome metrics to assess strategic areas of focus within diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Oversees periodic assessment of the college DEI climate; uses results to inform improvements in programs, policies and interventions
• Partners with Human Resources to develop strategies that achieve a more diverse and inclusive environment
• Partners with Human Resources and the Center for Teaching and Learning to provide learning and professional development, which foster a sustainable DEI climate and culture across the college
• Provides strategic leadership in the development of policy and service delivery models that intentionally advance the college’s diversity, equity and inclusion
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College ( TCC )
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Social Justice, Post-Secondary Education, Sociology, Social Anthropology, Leadership, Management, Psychology, Counseling, Organizational Development or a related field
• Five (5) years of progressively broad success in strategic and administrative leadership in diversity, equity and inclusion
• Five (5) years of experience facilitating crucial conversations to support a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Three (3) years of supervisory experience
• Experience developing and successfully delivering curriculum for training(s) related to diversity, inclusion and cultural competence
• Expert knowledge of and sensitivity to issues related to a diverse student body
• Program development and management principles
• Proven track record of making research-informed decisions
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Doctorate in Social Justice, Post-Secondary Education, Sociology, Social Anthropology, Leadership, Management, Psychology, Counseling, Organizational Development or a related field
• Three (3) years working in an environment of higher education
• Seven (7) years of progressively broad success in strategic and administrative leadership in diversity, equity and inclusion
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Demonstrated extensive knowledge in the field of equity, diversity, and inclusion and its application to the educational environment
• Demonstrated success in identifying and implementing best practices of diversity, equity and inclusion and an excellent command of modern diversity, equity and inclusion concepts and issues in higher education
• Demonstrated understanding the mission, philosophy, and general academic program requirements of community colleges
• Demonstrated success as a collaborator and relationship builder, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build coalitions and collaborative working relationships with a broad range of diverse individuals and groups, including senior executives, to achieve results
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter
- Certification / License
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth