Recruitment Specialist - (STA006503)
Represents the University of Houston to the public community in Houston, throughout Texas, and across the nation. Develops and implements strategies and programs to facilitate recruitment and enrollment.
- Reviews application files, and makes admissions decisions and
- Prepares recruitment schedule, and plans recruiting and yield
- Updates admissions webpage and printed publications.
- Manage alumni and volunteer programs that support student
recruitment and enrollment.
- Recruits and promotes University opportunities to prospective
students by developing and delivering presentations to high
schools, businesses, organizations and UH alumni.
- Maintains key relationships with high schools, community
colleges and the media.
- Serves as Lead Counselor in an assigned recruitment area;
Assesses and monitors the progress of recruitment efforts.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates student assistants in ongoing
recruitment projects such as campus tours, mail-outs, phone
campaigns and UH Ambassadors.
- Plans, organizes and supervises implementation of
university/college recruitment projects and events.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding the Student
Information System and acts as troubleshooter for Outreach and
Admissions staff. Monitors target markets and university enrollment
and produces reports for use by Outreach and Admissions
- Assists with the development of a training plan for new
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) year of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston