ASDOH - Dental Hygienist, part time (2 positions)
A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-ASDOH) is seeking applications for a dental hygienist on the Mesa, Arizona campus. The dental hygienist will support ASDOH clinical educational programs by providing direct patient care for ASDOH patients in the scope of dental hygiene practice as part of a dental team, which includes dental faculty, dental clinical support staff, and dental students.
- Direct provision of oral health services in the scope of dental hygiene practice in accordance with Arizona laws and regulations in ASDOH campus clinics as assigned.
- Practice universal precautions and appropriate infection control procedures.
- Provide associated administrative support including documentation of treatment, patient scheduling, patient communication, and assist in the coordination of preventive maintenance programs for assigned patients.
- The collaborative team member who promotes an atmosphere of respect, collegiality, commitment to diversity, and social justice.
- Assist with various clinical and administrative functions of the clinic as appropriate and time permits.
- Other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Direct provision of oral health services in the scope of dental
hygiene practice in ASDOH Main clinics as assigned including:
- Dental Prophylaxis, including scaling and polishing of teeth.
- Take dental radiograph.
- Take patient vital sign.
- Document existing oral health conditions including patient chief complaint, medical and dental history review, dental charting, periodontal charting, and oral cancer screening.
- Preventive oral health services including fluoride treatment and sealant.
- Patient education and oral hygiene instruction.
- Take traditional or digital impression.
- Nutritional counseling and Tobacco Cessation.
- Provide chairside assistance to faculty and/or student dentists in the performance of special tests, procedures, and complex treatment.
- Assists with medical emergency interventions for adverse patient events.
- Valid local anesthesia license.
- Knowledge of non-surgical periodontal instruments, instrumentation and technique.
- Knowledge of periodontal anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of parameters for periodontal surgical referral.
- Must be highly skilled in dental hygiene.
- Should have some experience in either the provision of dental hygiene or instruction of hygiene technique.