ACADEMIC COORDINATOR FOR CLINICAL EDUCATION
ACADEMIC COORDINATOR FOR CLINICAL EDUCATION
Posting Number: SRGV4499
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Education and Academic Affairs
Scope of Job:
To coordinate and provide support to the day to day administration of the Clinical Education Center for medical students.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates educational activities that support the institutional UME curriculum and adhere to LCME and ACGME requirements.
• Schedules UTRGV students and visiting VSAS students for clinical experience placement.
• Assists with development and supervision of clinical schedules for four years of clinical education, 6 clerkships, three electives, 2 sub internships, 6 specialty specific boot camps and transitions.
• Assists with VSAS preparation, registration and onboarding of visiting students for over 50 electives.
• Maintains onboarding requirements for all affiliate hospitals and clinical sites.
• Completes, submits and coordinates all required academic data forms from the VA, affiliate hospitals and all clinical sites including required computer and building access.
• Assists with the development and longitudinal and vertical integration of integrated, transitional and clinical education.
• Maintains and updates immunization records required by facilities for the course of student’s enrollment.
• Performs matriculation orientation for all clerkships, electives, internships and boot camp requirements.
• Prepares materials for integrated and clerkship curriculums.
• Participates in planning and developing methods for program implementation and administration for clinical education programs.
• Assists in updating and supporting compliance to UME policies and procedures and related departmental policies.
• Interacts with students, faculty members and hospital/clinic managers to develop and maintain rapport.
• Performs site visits to monitor student activities at 11 HUB sites, 8 hospital affiliates and over 35 potential clinical sites.
• Liaison between faculty matters to maintain, process and update faculty credentialing for all departments.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university.
• One (1) year of experience in the appropriate field of the program, or
• Three (3) years of the required experience with an Associate Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
• Five (5) years of the required experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience obtained in a higher education setting.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 07/09/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25962