User Services Librarian
Texas Tech University School of Law Library invites applications for User Services Librarian. The Law Library’s primary mission is to provide a preeminent user experience to fully support the curricular and research endeavors of the Law School Community. The User Services Librarian reports to the Associate Dean & Law Library Director and is responsible for all aspects of user services, including programs for faculty and students, outreach, policy, planning, marketing, and assessment. This position works collaboratively with 5 professional librarians and 6 staff members to bring superior user services to the Law School Community. The User Services Librarian demonstrates initiative, leadership, vision, and the ability to adapt to dynamic change as academic law libraries continue to evolve. The User Services Librarian is supported as a tenure-track faculty position, with rank to be determined commensurate with experience.
This User Services Librarian requires a strong commitment to teaching legal research skills essential to the practice of law, a deep understanding of the Law School’s curriculum, faculty research interests, library operations, legal information resources, and research methodologies in all formats. Experience working with diverse student populations and first-generation students is highly desirable. Service expectations include faculty and student services program building, as well as commitment to relevant extracurricular activities. Service to the School of Law and University is expected. Pursuit of external grants in support of research when appropriate and available in the faculty member’s field, is encouraged.
- Provide vision and leadership for user services programming for faculty and students.
- Engage the Law School Community to be active and involved users of the Law Library.
- Plan, oversee, and coordinate all daily operations of user services as it pertains to faculty and students services, including supervision, evaluation, and maintenance of projects and services.
- Take a lead role in outreach and communication activities, including coordinating publicity for Law Library events and facilitating Law Library participation in Law School or University-wide events.
- Cultivate relationships with appropriate groups (students, faculty, Law School departments, University Libraries) to development, coordinate, and implement Law Library programming and services.
- Implement and maintain a social media policy and conduct outreach via various social media platforms.
- Provide reference services as part of a rotating reference team.
- Participate in the faculty liaison program.
- Participate in collection development and selection.
- Serve on Law Library, Law School, and other committees (or teams) as appointed.
- Engage in professional research, teaching, and service, as required by law library tenure guidelines.
- Design and teach a for-credit legal research course, teach in the 1L Legal Practice program, and in the Law Library’s
- Excellence in Legal Research program.
- JD and MLS (or equivalent) degrees from ABA and ALA accredited schools.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, and to collaborate and work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to be innovative, flexible, adaptable and comfortable with change.
- Evidence of self-motivation, initiative and intellectual curiosity, a strong user service philosophy, and the commitment to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Ability to combine the pursuit of excellence with a spirit of kindness and collaboration.
- Experience in teaching and delivering legal reference service.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references electronically to the attention of the chair of the Personnel Committee, Associate Dean Jamie Baker, at the Texas Tech Jobs website careers.texastech.edu, or at www.workattexastech.com. Please reference Requisition Number 21890BR. You may contact Associate Dean Baker directly at email@example.com with any questions. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Salary and Benefits: Appointment salary based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include professional development assistance, retirement plan, insurance, and paid time off.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Texas Tech University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We actively encourage applications from all those who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech University. The university welcomes applications from minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and dual-career couples.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lubbock
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lubbock
- Law & Legal Studies Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lubbock
- Administrative Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lubbock
- Academic Affairs Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lubbock