PeopleSoft Business Analyst
PeopleSoft Business Analyst
Posting Number: 0000996
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $60,000- $70,000 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C43. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: VP of Student Affairs
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Business Analyst is in charge of setup, configuration/reconfiguration and SQL programming of the modules in PeopleSoft that support Student Affairs and the Business Office, including Financial Aid, the Registrar's Office, Advising & Counseling, and Student Accounts/Billing. The Business Analyst works with module leads to update the configuration and SQL programming of relevant modules to maintain compliance with changing state and federal requirements, and conducting testing and quality assurance to ensure accurate processing of daily and term-based data. This position works directly with module leads to implement new capabilities including developing functional requirements, setup and configuration, SQL programming, testing, and documenting new functions.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain expert-level knowledge in the setup, configuration,
SQL programming, and quality control of the relevant PeopleSoft
- Work with Information technology, Student Affairs, the Business
Office, and divisional leadership responsible for state reporting
to ensure functional interactions and effective policies, process
workflows, planning, and practices that communicate and correlate
with all affected and interested areas.
- Advise Student Affairs, the Business Office, and divisional
leadership on policies and procedures to identify new and
innovative means to improve the effectiveness of PeopleSoft
- Work with the leadership teams from Student Affairs, the
Business Office, and Information Technology to plan, develop,
manage, and implement new PeopleSoft functional ventures and
existing PeopleSoft functionality.
- Develop and deliver standard work and training documents
including flow-charts and job aids.
- Coordinate daily and term-based PeopleSoft processing,
configuration, set up, testing new releases/enhancements, modules,
- Troubleshoot issues, create support service requests to resolve
functional issues and documents processes, and reconcile
information with student financials.
- Responsible for resolution research and/or creating and
maintaining PeopleSoft cases.
- Ensure that updates and fixes are tested properly by functional
users on a timely basis.
- Participate in strategic meetings, identify, and attend
relevant conferences, user groups/networks, and professional
development opportunities to develop and expand institutional
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in professional development activities and training
- Travel as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in a related field
- Solid skills for setting up, configuring, reconfiguring,
troubleshooting, and ensuring the quality of data processing for an
ERP or other complex information systems
- Strong SQL coding skills
- Able to work with functional leads to collaboratively develop
functional requirements for new capabilities and create development
- Able to serve as a training resource and convey technical and
complex information to others in non-technical terms
- Able to articulate and demonstrate the tenets of ethical
practice as a Business Analyst
- Able to quickly learn new skills, especially via online
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Office Suite and other
applicable software, and the ability to successfully navigate the
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Information Systems, Computer
Science, Computer Technology, or similar program
- Certification for PeopleSoft and/or certification relevant to
- Certificate relevant to SQL programming
- Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (CS) 9.0 or
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience with financial aid processing
- Experience with college admissions processing
- Experience with student advising
- Experience with student accounts/billing
- Knowledge of business process review functions
- Knowledge of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location: Other locations within Lee College service area
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Lee College does not provide sponsorship. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of identity and employment eligibility.
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for any college coursework that has been completed. (Official transcripts will be required if hired.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6698
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.