Dean of the School of Business
Augustana University seeks an established leader to serve as the inaugural Dean of the School of Business. This is an exciting opportunity to build on AU’s stellar reputation and the impressive momentum in the Department of Business Administration. The successful candidate will combine a career of academic research and achievement with strategic leadership ability, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, a deep appreciation for and commitment to the field of business, and an unwavering support of students, student learning, and faculty development.
The Dean will work closely with faculty, administration, and members of the Sioux Falls community to blend a leadership-focused, student-centered pedagogy in business. The ideal candidate will be able to work collaboratively and creatively with an experienced and award-winning faculty to move the various aspects of business forward in ways that are inclusive and technologically progressive. The finalist will be adept at cooperation, able to partner with and empower constituents across campus and throughout the local and regional community.
Reporting to the Provost and serving on the President’s Council, the Dean will be accountable for the quality of the School’s academic programs, aligning the priorities of the School with those of the University, and enabling the School and University to flourish. The Dean will be an advocate for the full array of disciplines and programs, employees and students, and for working with departmental colleagues to develop an overarching vision for the School that will pull these components into an integrated and innovative whole. The Dean is expected to provide visionary, 21st-century leadership to align with the University’s mission, its core values, and the Viking Bold: Journey to 2030 strategic plan.
Poised for growth through the addition of new programs and established ones that combine traditional, online, and hybrid delivery modalities, the School of Business aspires to serve students by serving the community. To this end, the University seeks a leader who will help cultivate and facilitate relationships and place-based opportunities for students to grow professionally and personally as they participate in internships, job shadowing, research opportunities, and other forms of experiential learning.
Our school of business will continue to provide a competitive and innovative advantage to our students in an ever-changing workplace and job market. Augustana provides undergraduate majors in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Management, Marketing, and Sports Management, as well as minors in Actuarial Science, Business Administration, and Accounting. The University offers graduate degrees in Sports Administration and Leadership, Accountancy, and recently launched a Master’s in Business Administration.
Qualifications: Doctorate in a business-related field required. Also required, experience in higher education and experience as an administrator, with demonstrated expertise in managing the financial, academic and research activity of a business program and in promoting the interests of a business program within a university and/or a community. Evidence of successful university teaching and research work appropriate to the academic mission of the department and the university. Successful experience in fundraising desirable, as is experience with securing or maintaining accreditation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative, academic, and community-centered leadership for the School of Business.
- Enhance the visibility, enrollment, and resources offered by the university and the School of Business by forging relationships with local/regional constituents and stakeholders.
- Teach leadership and management courses and facilitate experiential learning opportunities in the community, including student internships and job shadowing.
- Represent the School of Business on executive committees of the university as well as sustain and forge new and existing partnerships with academic programs across the campus and throughout Sioux Falls and the region.
- Evaluate and define appropriate staffing needs to support the infrastructure of the School and make appropriate hires as needed that are in adherence to the operating budget.
- Supervise and evaluate staff within the School as well as promote an atmosphere of collegiality.
- Oversee the School’s operating budget and control expenditures within the set parameters of the approved budget.
- Develop courses and programs within the School that address faculty strengths and research/scholarship, as well as current needs and trends in the field of business and data analytics that will grow enrollment and diversify revenue streams.
- Oversee faculty load within the School of Business, including full-time and adjunct professors.
Interacting with students, faculty and leadership with different backgrounds and points of view and a deep appreciation of and respect for academic values and culture must be a top value of the candidate.
By 11/16/2020, send letter of interest; curriculum vitae; Augustana University employment application; statement of commitment to diversity; statement of teaching philosophy; evidence of teaching and administrative effectiveness; addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of three current references; and unofficial transcripts electronically to Deanna Versteeg, Vice President for Human Resources, email@example.com. Official website: www.augie.edu.
Augustana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. Augustana University is committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. Submission of official transcripts may be required upon employment. Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background check.
Apply for Dean of the School of Business
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Sioux Falls
- Business & Management Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Sioux Falls
- Business Administration Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Sioux Falls
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Sioux Falls
- Deans Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Sioux Falls