Senior Institutional Research Associate
Position Title: Senior Institutional Research Associate
(This position is temporarily assigned to work at home or other remote locations)
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research, the Senior Institutional Research Associate works collaboratively with the director, the associate director, and the operations research associate with the ultimate mission to support university wide data-informed decision making. Specifically, the duties of the Senior Institutional Research Associate include performing routine and ad hoc institutional data analyses and reporting, providing data and analytical support for various university database platforms, maintaining interactive dashboards, and conducting various quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Perform time-sensitive, accurate and meaningful data analyses for University decision makers and external constituents.
- Provide analytical and data management support for an expanding array of software platforms that include EAB Navigate, Explorance Blue, Marketview, and Ad Astra.
- Maintain annual academic program performance metrics, including compiling multiple complex data sets to calculate the financial performance of individual academic programs.
- Model data, design and maintain interactive online dashboards using Microsoft
- Conduct market research relating to student employment outcomes based on program and other factors.
- Work as a team member to improve data definitions, data usage, data integrity and data accuracy. Assist in office documentation standards of all projects, including data files and computer applications developed for institutional data initiatives.
- Perform other quantitative and qualitative analyses as needed
- Assist with promoting data literacy among faculty and staff
- Ability and desire to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Survey Management: Assist with administration and analyses of campus-wide surveys
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Master’s degree or higher in relevant field
- Three or more years of experience performing data analyses and
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel
- Prior experience working with data wrangling software (Rapid Insights Construct, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Capacity to work independently as well as collaboratively in an academic environment
- Data management experience in higher education
- Experience with designing and publishing dynamic dashboards (PowerBI, Tableau, )
- Experience managing and analyzing large, complex datasets
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of 3- 5 references and their contact information to: via email to email@example.com. Please make sure to reference Search # 20-24A in the subject line.
The University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer