WP Online Clinical Coordinator - Nursing
William Paterson University invites applications for the full-time 12-month position of William Paterson (WP) Online Clinical Coordinator.
The WP Online Clinical Coordinator provides administrative and operational support for assigned data systems and programs to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance. This position works collaboratively with the WP Online Graduate Nursing Coordinator, RN-BSN Coordinator, Director of the Graduate Program, Chairperson of the Nursing Department, faculty, and staff as well as with healthcare facilities, healthcare providers, preceptors, and students to ensure high-quality clinical outcomes.
The William Paterson University Department of Nursing is an energetic campus community with a distinguished group of nursing faculty. Excellence is reflected in mission, diversity and student success. The department's academic breadth provides a variety of opportunities for a focused and fulfilling work experience. The strength of academic rigor encourages research, publishing, and scholarly accomplishment. The Nursing Department is nationally accredited by CCNE.
At William Paterson University nursing graduates go on to significant clinical, academic, research, supervisory, and administrative positions. Faculty, higher education managers, and support staff are committed to teaching excellence and robust student mentoring.
For more information please visit: https://www.wpunj.edu/cosh/departments/nursing/
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the clinical placement process and ensure effective clinical practicum operations by organizing, supervising, and evaluating clinical sites, preceptors & students
- Monitoring student placements and clinical records, maintaining and obtaining agreements and contracts, mandatory legal documentation (license verification, liability insurance, qualifications of preceptors and preceptor orientation, managing communication, coordinating student and preceptor assessment
- Provide onboarding/orientation for preceptors and ensure clear objectives & expectations for students and preceptors
- Provide comprehensive administrative, operational, and project support to the WP Online Graduate Program Coordinator, RN-BSN Coordinator, Director of the Graduate program and WP online faculty
- Create and manage assigned databases to ensure complete and accurate information
- Compile reports and communicates data to appropriate stakeholders, such as clinical placement tracking, contracts and agreements, legal verifications, student hourly and experiential progress; perform periodic report audits
- Facilitate the acquisition of clinical placements for incoming and continuing students by participating in the preceptor recruitment process; building relationships, networking with healthcare practitioners, attending events, and utilizing other methods of outreach/
- Implement practicum concentration professional policies, standards and procedures. Maintain oversight of professional nursing behaviors and actions of NP students. Address practicum students' academic and discipline issues with the Graduate Program Director, Chairperson of the Department of Nursing, and/or appropriate faculty
- Ensure efficient and effective student advising during clinical practicum
- Ensure that practicum course syllabi are updated and posted; ensure that clinical evaluation tools and methods are accurate and consistent with learning outcomes and objectives
- May be required to teach one course per term throughout the calendar year in addition to assigned managerial duties and responsibilities
- Participate in developing goals, policies, and procedures for the WP Online Graduate Nursing program if requested
- May be required to manage special projects and serve on committees
- Complete accreditation and regulatory reports if needed
- Master of Science in Nursing from an accredited University or college
- Eligibility for licensure as a registered nurse in New Jersey by January 2021
- Demonstrated clinical experience
- Working knowledge of APRN regulations and requirements in different states
- A valid driver's license for work related travel and the ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional evening and weekend hours
- Doctorate in Nursing or related field
- Administrative experience in an academic setting
- Teaching and curriculum development experience in nursing at the master's level or above
- Participation and service in professional and /or community organizations
- Demonstrated ability to identify and prioritize activities that lead to a goal
- Ability to appear rational and in-control when facing a problem or crisis
- Capacity to thoroughly analyze the various aspects of a situation and make a decision
- Capable of working effectively in a diverse and complex environment, taking into account competing wants and needs
Invitation to apply:
Please click to view the description and apply for the position
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
Complete an application
Submit a cover letter & CV
Provide names/contacts of three professional references.
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. General questions related to this application process, please contact email@example.comAbout William Paterson:
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. William Paterson University is also proud to be designated as a NASA MSI (Minority Serving Institution). The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 10,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 380-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.