Patient Insurance Specialist II
The patient insurance specialist is responsible for accurately obtaining benefits from insurance companies for upcoming services. The specialist provides accurate estimates for patient out of pocket expenses and financially clears the patient for upcoming services.
- Registers patients and verifies medical benefits.
- Obtains benefits, creates estimates for patient out of pocket.
- Contacts patient to collect out of pocket expenses.
- Deals with lower level specialty services, typically office visits.
- Answers help line calls and emails and assists patients with questions.
- Contacts PCP offices to obtain referrals.
- Answers Insurance Verification Helpline and solves insurance issues for patients, physicians, and departments.
- Investigates insurance coverage and demographics.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Epic experience
- Specialty insurance verification experience
- Previous insurance verification experience
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.